Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Malceski?

Go Swans Always
    Good start and seems to have a good height and body weight and a good footy head as said before. Well done Nick Malceski and also well done to Nick Davis some good playing and once again was up in defence and great passing from midfield.
    Love those Swans

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Malceski didn't do a lot today - he wasn't on for all that long - but what he did he did well. I'm pleased to see him any time from now.
    And McVeigh did some nice things today too - I hope he gets more regular time, I think he'll repay the hopes people have for him.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Melskei is the next macedian buckley, but unspellable name.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Could someone please help with pronoucing Nick Malceski's name. On channel ten they say Mal cheski as if there is a "h" in the name.
    Watch the reserves when possible and Nick seems to be developmenting into a promising player

On the Rookie List
    I would have thought:
    mal - ches - ki
    Using hypothesis testing via confidence intervals:
    Nick Davis mark inside 50 = goal

Veterans List
    Originally posted by JMM from Werro
    Could someone please help with pronoucing Nick Malceski's name. On channel ten they say Mal cheski as if there is a "h" in the name.
    Watch the reserves when possible and Nick seems to be developmenting into a promising player
    That's correct from his junior days as I understand. 2 syllables.

Looks a lot like Nick Davis in how he moves, and adds much needed pace. Noticed how he worked up the ground a bit, then lost his opponent or made his opponent very accountable by running hard back into the forward line.

Has a brain and was prepared to put his body on the line. He did a few things such as getting a fingertip to a contest when he looked out of it. They call them 1%'s, which unfortunately for Schneider, he fails to grasp the concept.

The difference between Malcheski and Bevan and Schneider is it initially looks, simply put, a better footballer. Time will tell.

Originally posted by dimelb
    Malceski didn't do a lot today - he wasn't on for all that long -
    He played for 100 minutes more gametime than I think any of our rookie under Roos have got for their first game. Sure 8 posessions doesn't seem like much, but he is down with 3 goal assists and had impact of much of the game that he doesn't get credited for in the stats. A great solid start and one he should improve upon in the coming weeks hopefully if given the same amount of gametime as yesterday.
    Once was, now elsewhere

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Originally posted by Sid
    I would have thought:
    mal - ches - ki
    Hmm .. how about CHEZZA.
    A name with a hint of history behind it!!
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

He started on the ground which was a surprise in itself. Like Robbie said, may not have had that many disposals, but did a lot of good work that doesn't get recorded. A promising start, now hopefully he can keep on improving!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

We have possibly unearthered another goer.I was impressed with Malceski's debut on Saturday and as impressed with Roosy for giving him 100 minutes game time, something he hasn't done with the other debutants.(Moore and Vogels have yet to get 60 mins game time).He is a good size isn't he.I think he would be a good winger or flanker as he seems to have plenty of pace.
    I am sure we are going to see plenty of this bloke in the future and it looks promising for us with the new guys we have seen this year.To me it looks like we have ready made replacements for Willo and Maxfield when they retire.Moore is an in and under type as Willo is and Malceski can carry the ball and take off a le Maxfield.I think we are in for a good ride,ugly or not.

On the Rookie List
    Well, I wasn't terribly impressed. Though as Scott Burns on MMM said - He didn't look out of place. I don't think he is suited to the forwards (at least as a "small forward") but might be the tall wing we need. Hopefully he gets a run in a few games in a row.

Its funny that we knock Roos youth policy a bit but when the young guys perform well people say "See how good he is Roos, you should of played him before". The funny thing maybe it is because of Roos we have some good rookies. Due to having them sitting a season in the emergency list etc...

However I think Roos needs to work a bit better with the 2nd season (22-50 game) crowd. Perhaps they are being rushed a bit too much and not given enough leeway when they fail.

I was happy with his game. Good to see he had plenty of time and get a few nice touches. He looks like another one who proves that it is better to recruit footballers and get them fit instead of recruiting athletes and try to teach them to kick (and the rest of the skills needed for AFL).

I think for next week Vogels probably needs a rest in the 2s, since he's been getting frostbite on the bench the last few weeks, and maybe bring back Dempster for another few weeks. Nothing wrong with rotating a few youngsters through the side, as long as they get a bit of decent game time in the seniors for a few weeks running each time.
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast