Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday night footy

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    It may work if the matches were just between Melbourne teams. BUT you have to realise that lots of supporters come to games from the bush. To get home would just be impossible for many of them, I'd gather...
    I do realise where supporters come from, however most are from the suburbs. However, they also make night games on Fri and Sat, and the plan would be for the Mon games to start a bit earlier.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    By the way, it was good to meet you in Melbourne at the Sainters game.

Did you enjoy sitting in with us all in the Cheer Squad?

JF

PS:- "Today is Monday, Monday is a finger day.
    Today is Tuesday, Tuesday, UUUUUUUUUGH!"
    Yeah, ditto. It was certainly an experience. Wish I had been there for the Carlton match though... SO much better, but what can you do? I'm 0 from 1 away Need to work on it, I think!

Cheer squad was certainly a bit different -- We don't sit with them in Sydney so I am unable to compare, but they had a really good vibe and it was great to put some faces with the strange names people have going on...
    Anyhoo, it was much better than sitting round the Saints side in crappy seats we paid and arm and a leg for! We were unable to see the scoreboard from our original seats! Grrr...

PS: Tuesday is one more day closer to the next Swannies win! And also a You Am I song
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

Senior Player
    I understand the Dogs' will probably ask for games only during the School Hols' as an initial trial to appease the family factor.

Particularly so if games are purely Southern States teams only I doubt whether we will see the games FTA in Sydney. I can't see any broadcaster wanting to take a ratings hammering against higher rating Monday night offerings from the other channels. There is no comparison to weekend programming.

Re: Monday night footy

Originally posted by filthpig
    so what does everyone think? for the swans, it would mean centre stage night games, and not having to compete with rugby league on fridays, it could also mean us sydney afl fans (and brisbane afl fans) wouldnt have to stay up till 11:15 (usually ends upo about 11:45) to watch our game.
    of course home games, it could be a bit strange, going to a game after work, or after school etc on a weekday.
    im all for it though, what does everyone else think?
    I wouldn't like Monday Night Football but it would be good to acctually look forward to a Monday!
    gO u SwAnNiEs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12