Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday night footy

On the Rookie List

Exclamation Monday night footy

so what does everyone think? for the swans, it would mean centre stage night games, and not having to compete with rugby league on fridays, it could also mean us sydney afl fans (and brisbane afl fans) wouldnt have to stay up till 11:15 (usually ends upo about 11:45) to watch our game.
    of course home games, it could be a bit strange, going to a game after work, or after school etc on a weekday.
    im all for it though, what does everyone else think?
    mp

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Not to sure on how Monday night games would go crowd wise with families, people working next day etc.
    Also talk of NRL games played on Monday Night with the current contract coming up for negotiation, so could face competition their
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs down

Monday night football, NO BLOODY WAY!

Are the AFL going to make me have to have my weekends on Monday and Tuesday so I can go interstate to support my team?

Monday night football is there for people too lazy to go out onto the cold and barrack for their team. The TV times are shoved around enough as it is.

Monday night football gets the big THUMBS DOWN from me! It WILL fail!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Thumbs down

Please NO! Contrary to what some people mistakenly think, a significant number of Swans supporters dont live near the SCG. I see a lot on the train from Newcastle and the Central Coast and a lot board the train at Hornsby. I wouldnt get home til past 11.30, then have to be up in the morning at 6.30. Also, I'm not sure they would show Swans games live in Sydney on a Monday night as it would be ratings suicide.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

What the? That'd be worse than Friday night football.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Football Terrorist

Re: Monday night footy

Originally posted by filthpig
    so what does everyone think? for the swans, it would mean centre stage night games, and not having to compete with rugby league on fridays, it could also mean us sydney afl fans (and brisbane afl fans) wouldnt have to stay up till 11:15 (usually ends upo about 11:45) to watch our game.
    of course home games, it could be a bit strange, going to a game after work, or after school etc on a weekday.
    im all for it though, what does everyone else think?
    If the Swans played Monday nights at the SCG, I would'nt be able to go, because I would'nt get home in time for work on tuesdays.
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

I doubt the Swans will do it. I think it will be a Melbourne-only thing. I think it might be a good idea - it's an initiative of Rodney Eade's actually.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Monday Night Footy = total murder suicide.

I couldn't think of anything worse -- having to spend all day in lectures, then go to the footy... it's just not on. I spend the entire weekend with severe nausea because I am so nervous, I don't want it to stretch into my weekdays too! I enjoy the ritualistic nature of weekend games. Get up, nurse head from night before's antics, grab the good luck bikkies, head to the game, coffee in hand. It's just my thing... and I like it that way
    And you can't find nothing at all,
    If there was nothing there all along.

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I doubt the Swans will do it. I think it will be a Melbourne-only thing. I think it might be a good idea - it's an initiative of Rodney Eade's actually.
    It may work if the matches were just between Melbourne teams. BUT you have to realise that lots of supporters come to games from the bush. To get home would just be impossible for many of them, I'd gather...

Footy MUST remain for the people in the stands. Not for viewers on TV.

We do NOT want to develop a culture like they have in Canada where a whole generation of people only know watching live ice hockey on the TV.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"

We had a Monday night game at the 'G' a few years ago and it was a nightmare, luckily I was able to leave work a couple of hours early to get there, but to be honest its not really much different to a Friday night game and I can't remember the last time we had one of them in Melbourne.
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Originally posted by Tuesday
    Monday Night Footy = total murder suicide.

I couldn't think of anything worse -- having to spend all day in lectures, then go to the footy... it's just not on. I spend the entire weekend with severe nausea because I am so nervous, I don't want it to stretch into my weekdays too! I enjoy the ritualistic nature of weekend games. Get up, nurse head from night before's antics, grab the good luck bikkies, head to the game, coffee in hand. It's just my thing... and I like it that way
    By the way, it was good to meet you in Melbourne at the Sainters game.

Did you enjoy sitting in with us all in the Cheer Squad?

JF

PS:- "Today is Monday, Monday is a finger day.
    Today is Tuesday, Tuesday, UUUUUUUUUGH!"

Originally posted by Cher
    We had a Monday night game at the 'G' a few years ago and it was a nightmare, luckily I was able to leave work a couple of hours early to get there, but to be honest its not really much different to a Friday night game and I can't remember the last time we had one of them in Melbourne.
    LOL, forgotten the final last year I see there Cher.

Probably best, I reckon.

JF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast