Thread: East Coast v St George (Sat)

East Coast v St George (Sat)

East Coast v St George games have proved to be a close hard fought contest over the last few seasons, will certainly be interesting to see if this continues. I would imagine that East Coast will be fairly well informed as to the strengths and weaknesses of the Crows line up this time around.

Will East Coasts mid season recruits be the difference in the game?

It will be an interesting game to watch (regardless of the score).

aka Mr Taxman
    I think the ECE recruits have had an impact but also the fitness of their playing list in general has improved markedly and the two combined have shown an improvement in results for their club.

Premierships are not won in April & I think that the coaching & playing at ECE are timing their run very well.

They have a big month ahead of them in the race to the finals but I will stick my neck out & say they will qualify for the finals. Once there it is a totally different kettle of fish.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Regular in the Side
    ECE have a tough run home with stgeo-penno-wests-norths and then UNSW_ES. They will have to win at least 3 of those coming home. Only good form will achieve that which will be a concern for the other finals teams if they make it.

It will certainly be an intersesting 5 weeks of football. Remembering that UNSW-ES and Nth Shore are yet to have the bye but when they do ECOAST play Wests and Penno. I believe that if ECOAST are good enough to make the finals they will have had perfect finals type preparation and the other sides every right to be a little nervous.

Anyone want to hazard some key match ups for this weekends game v Crows?

Should be a good game, will be a good challenge for young guys from the St George side and help them in there devlopment.

The times of the games have also been put back.

Reserves to 12.30pm
    Seniors 2.30 pm
    18's will play at 5pm(twighlight match)

Shearer do you think that the Crows can win the game? and how many goals would they need to restrict the Eagles forwards to?

I notice Addison and Shineberg have been amongst the Goal Kickers the last few games. Both players have been very good in defence in recent times, will they be needed down back to assist with above questions.

Sandwich Hand.

Im confident the team will play well and can win but as you said ECE have a lot of good forwards that will need to be stopped.

But we still need to kick enough goals to win the game so we cant concentrate on everyone.

Shearer, no doubt your boys will be fired up.....
    No doubt will be some hard hits when the ex St G boys get a touch.
    ECE are coming good so should be a good match. Is it TV game ?

What are the predictions for the Final 4
    Peno and Westies won't move from top 2.
    I think it'll be
    Norths
    UNSW

Then Penno will beat Wests in the major,
    Uni will beat Norths in the minor.
    Uni will then beat Wests in the Prelim final and meet Penno in the GF.
    Uni will then beat Penno in the GF

Almost Football Legend
    Originally posted by Scooped
    Is it TV game ?
    Yes.
    For the next couple of rounds, Digital Sports/Fox Footy will be covering
    Round 14 - East Coast v St George
    Round 15 - Pennant Hills v East Coast

Rounds 16-18 are still to be decided; but I suspect the Eagles will feature prominently. In the last 4 rounds, the Eagles play all the other contenders for the finals.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty