Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sat Night v Crows

On the Rookie List BayesysLeftBoot's Avatar
    Originally posted by BonBon
    God, I didn't think St Kilda would be 4.75! I thought we'd be a bit lower than 12.00 too.

Richmond - 101.00 - Hehe!
    Isn't it great to see all those Richmond supporters put back in their place. Mid-season it was all top 4 this, premiership that. It won't be long before they're bagging their players and demanding Wallaces' head.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by BayseysLeftBoot
    Isn't it great to see all those Richmond supporters put back in their place. Mid-season it was all top 4 this, premiership that. It won't be long before they're bagging their players and demanding Wallaces' head.
    Which comes back to the circumspect thing - why put your head on the block by making claims that you have no way of supporting?

We all know we're a chance in a very even competition but much will depend on where we finish, injuries (ours & others), & other slices of luck.

And the players have exactly the same attitude. When Leo was on WLF last week, Grybus asked him to finish the sentence "in September, the Swans will..." I was kinda expecting fighting words like "hold the Cup aloft". Instead his response was "hopefully be playing in the finals!"!!!

I think everyone is right to keep a hold of expectations while believing that we might, just might, get it rite this year.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by giant
    I think everyone is right to keep a hold of expectations while believing that we might, just might, get it rite this year.
    The archer who aims for the bullseye will win the prize, but the archer that aims for the prize will miss the target.

It is good that we hold expectations down for the time being. The old cliche of "one week at a time" serves us well. Even in round 22, when we play Hawthorn, we would do well to be thinking about that clash rather than the finals the week after. In a season where monumental upsets seem to happen almost on a weekly basis, no club can afford to take its opposition lightly.

I hope the game on Saturday night is a good contest, with no injuries and no reports, and the Swans claim the points. Even a draw would be good for us.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Does anyone on here really believe our own expectations will affect the teams performance? Or are you refering to the players, who from what I can tell are "taking it one week at a time".

Blog Entries
    Does anyone on here really believe our own expectations will affect the teams performance? Or are you refering to the players, who from what I can tell are "taking it one week at a time".
    I'm sure they are regular readers of RWO, to find out how their form is and get some constructive advice on how to improve their game. Thus if they read, that we expect them to win it might go to their heads, so lets keep our expectations under our hats and just win next w/e first!!

Originally posted by ScottH
    I'm sure they are regular readers of RWO, to find out how their form is and get some constructive advice on how to improve their game. Thus if they read, that we expect them to win it might go to their heads, so lets keep our expectations under our hats and just win next w/e first!!
    Yes I can see the whole team standing around a computer right now, their fragile minds shattering under the weight of our expectation.

Yes I can see the whole team standing around a computer right now, their fragile minds shattering under the weight of our expectation.
    Don't be silly, they obviously have more than one computer.

Current weather forecast for Adelaide on Saturday from www.bom.gov.au:

Next two days for Adelaide City :
    Friday : Min 10 Max 16 Showers, chiefly morning.
    Saturday : Min 8 Max 18 Mainly fine.

Lookin' good
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Originally posted by cruiser
    Saturday : Min 8 Max 18 Mainly fine.
    Great!! I hate wearing a poncho!

SXP
    After all the hype after the Swans' win over the Eagles, the Crows will not be cought sleeping. They'll be ready for us and hit us hard as well. It will be almost a miracle for Sydney to win there.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Malceski likely to miss and Fosdike unlikely to make the trip. So is this a chance for Fixter to make his comeback

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by ugg
    Malceski likely to miss and Fosdike unlikely to make the trip. So is this a chance for Fixter to make his comeback
    Given the ground is bigger I'd love them to bring another tall forward target in, like Vogels.

And if his fitness is back up to it, would love to see Davis spend more time around the midfield. He's not seeing much of the ball up forward at the moment and his delivery into the forward line would be very useful if he can find a bit of it around the midfield.

Fixter has missed a huge amount of football in recent years and has only been back in the twos for a few weeks. He was brought back quite quickly last year at the business end of the season, struggled to have much impact and then reinjured himself soon after. This could be the toughest game yet for the season and I'm not convinced it's the right game to bring him back, particularly into a team already with a decent hobbit quota.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast