Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Membership count

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Who calls them 'white maggots'? Its been a long time since they've worn white.... yellow maggots is in my opinion an entirely appropriate title for umpires like Jeffrey and Stevic that have on more than a few occasions absolutely stuffed the Swans over....

As for clapping the opposition, if you want to do that, go for your life. Don't try and suggest your diktat should apply to all however - I will clap a really exceptional piece of play, or comment on it, but I'm not going to sit there like some sanatised robot, only allowed to be 'positive' in anything I do or say.

Emotions are part of sport - not all of us dream of living in a sanitised corporate world, where we all bow to the statue of Eddie McGuire on the way into a ground, then say 10 prayers to the great corporate god Kochy, before then politely sitting there in the stands, whispering to our neighbours like we are in a board room and only ever clapping politely.

AFL footy is not watching cricket at Lords from the Members stand. If that is what 'we should be doing' according to the JRM80 doctrine, then you might find very quickly that it's just you and your son sitting in the stands...

As for showing respect to the PM - each to their own. There is nothing in law saying I must 'respect the title and position'. What absolute dribble. If the person is doing a crap job (and most of them fall into that category for a long while now), then they get a response. I was booing that idiot Fitzpatrick anyway....

- - - Updated - - -

Like the ability of AFL footballers to never change in making dumb decisions, others will always struggle to change as well
    Wow. I'm calling upon healthy respectful public environments. I show emotion too. I fainted into my chair when Mal kicked the 2012 sealer. What a rush!

By now you would understand that booing and disrespecting the PM and other elected officials at sporting events is the first step towards Trumpanism. The disrespect spreads like a desease until a candadate who respects nobody and nothing becomes the leader. When the TV viewers see the crowd booing and disrespecting the PM it encourages people to lean towards Hanson.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    Wow. I'm calling upon healthy respectful public environments. I show emotion too. I fainted into my chair when Mal kicked the 2012 sealer. What a rush!

By now you would understand that booing and disrespecting the PM and other elected officials at sporting events is the first step towards Trumpanism. The disrespect spreads like a desease until a candadate who respects nobody and nothing becomes the leader. When the TV viewers see the crowd booing and disrespecting the PM it encourages people to lean towards Hanson.
    I agree we should show respect to the pm but disagree in that respect should be an earnt thing. What has the current pm done to earn anyone's respect? Nil as far as I'm concerned. So why wouldn't people show their disapproval when they see him? I personally can't be bothered waisting my energy booing these fake leaders but others do n it is their right to. I keep hearing about Trump n we'll end up with someone like that n well we already have in Tony Abbott n the Aussie public worked him out pretty damn quick. Aussies see a phony a mile off n they don't last just the palmer party n just like they will with Hansen.

Uh huh: so booing public figures at the footy, leads to people voting for Trump and Hanson? Interesting theory? Perhaps you'd like to quote some independent research, that shows both correlation and causation?

Veteran Site Admin
    Please keep this thread on topic. If you want to discuss whether public figures should be respected, please start a thread in the appropriate forum.

I'll delete any more posts along this line (or any other off-topic tangent) from this point onwards.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Please keep this thread on topic. If you want to discuss whether public figures should be respected, please start a thread in the appropriate forum.

I'll delete any more posts along this line (or any other off-topic tangent) from this point onwards.
    Does this apply to other threads as well?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Does this apply to other threads as well?
    It applies to all threads. Most attract a little off-topic chatter from time to time. If it's just a few posts, that's fine. But when a tangent threatens to take a thread off topic for pages, we try and cull it before that happens. In particular, most people don't want to read about business and politics on the Swans forum, unless it's about football business and politics. We have plenty of other boards where people can talk business and politics if they wish.

If anyone thinks a thread has gone too far off topic (in a way that looks like it's going to stay off topic), they can use the "report post" function to bring it to the attention of the moderators.

The current member tally stands at just over 53K members currently according to the website. It looks as though we will probably end up somewhere around what we had last year (I know the cut off isn't for a while yet). Maybe a little disappointing if that ends up being the case, given just how good our draw in Melbourne is this year with so many games down there.
    Last edited by liz; 29th March 2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Deleted off topic part
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

The current member tally stands at just over 53K members currently according to the website. It looks as though we will probably end up somewhere around what we had last year (I know the cut off isn't for a while yet). Maybe a little disappointing if that ends up being the case, given just how good our draw in Melbourne is this year with so many games down there.
    What was the final membership number last season?

What do people think is the membership number that Swans would be targeting this year?

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    And why not ??????

We're well up from where we were last year. If we have a few good performances I'd say we'd push memberships up to around their target of 60k. Last year was 56k.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    We better start wining games again!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast