Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alright, who's the weakest link?

I thought Marsh has been good this season. He has been taking a few intercept marks and been positive in attack.

He seems more of a half back flanker than a natural defender who can shut down Cameron or Patton.

Warming the Bench

Alright, who's the weakest link?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I thought Marsh has been good this season. He has been taking a few intercept marks and been positive in attack.

He seems more of a half back flanker than a natural defender who can shut down Cameron or Patton.
    Good post. I think Marsh has improved steadily as a player you can't expect more than that for a youngster.

Matt80 has him in a fair place in the sandbox depth chart, but he his in quality company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by goods78; 24th April 2017 at 12:04 AM.

The media (Neil Cordy) has started sharpening the knives on Kizza Kieren Jack�s AFL form slump: Sad Sydney Swans exit looming

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    The media (Neil Cordy) has started sharpening the knives on Kizza Kieren Jack�s AFL form slump: Sad Sydney Swans exit looming
    Pretty harsh on KJ, he's playing as a small forward and that's definitely not his preferred position. Put him in the middle and watch his form return

Veterans List
    Weakest link? How about the match committee?

How the hell did they drop Newman who had been getting plenty of the ball and looked good with his disposal. Gets send back to the NEAFL to get 30+ yet again.

What do they see in Foote who is clearly not AFL standard, what few possessions he does get he turns over but they keep him in and boot out Newman!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He played most of the second half as a midfielder.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Pretty harsh on KJ, he's playing as a small forward and that's definitely not his preferred position. Put him in the middle and watch his form return
    Well send him back to the midfield which is clearly not functioning and put in anyone that's capable of more than KJ has been producing as a small forward.

There needs to be some serious rejigging of our team line up.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He played most of the second half as a midfielder.
    Think our posts crossed in the ether so assume you're saying KJ played as a midfielder and not Newman in the NEAFL.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes I was talking about Jack. He started the second half in the middle with Parker forward and while he still spent time forward most of the second half he was in the middle

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    ... What do they see in Foote who is clearly not AFL standard, what few possessions he does get he turns over but they keep him in and boot out Newman!
    I don't mind the perseverance with Foote. He doesn't appear a natural football talent but he appears to do everything asked of him, on field and off, is strong on inside and not a bad kick. A description that would've fit a young Kirk.
    We haven't had a good tagger for a while, maybe Foote is being groomed for that kind of role?
    Then again, I think that is what should be done with Rohan. Turn him into a tagger. With some more experience he could play on the Dangerfields of the game. This week he could run with Cripps. And it would also teach him where to run to to get the ball, his main weakness as I see it. He just doesn't get the ball enough.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Yes I was talking about Jack. He started the second half in the middle with Parker forward and while he still spent time forward most of the second half he was in the middle
    Fair enough, it would be good to see him playing the whole match there though not once we are 32 points behind trying to stem the bleeding

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I don't mind the perseverance with Foote. He doesn't appear a natural football talent but he appears to do everything asked of him, on field and off, is strong on inside and not a bad kick. A description that would've fit a young Kirk.
    We haven't had a good tagger for a while, maybe Foote is being groomed for that kind of role?
    Then again, I think that is what should be done with Rohan. Turn him into a tagger. With some more experience he could play on the Dangerfields of the game. This week he could run with Cripps. And it would also teach him where to run to to get the ball, his main weakness as I see it. He just doesn't get the ball enough.
    He has never had a enough of the footy. In Under 18's he was an around the ground utility. Yes, use him as a tagger, but I suspect he hasn't got a big tank. I would play him forward out of the square. Leave him there and under no circumstances let him drift into the backline. We need someone one out other than Franklin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast