Page 199 of 267 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,377 to 2,388 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    That's been in place since they implemented the system. The restriction they put in place was that the number of draft picks you could use to match had to be equal to the number of open list spots you currently hold.
    Thanks Ugg, I knew they did something to stop/limit the use of junk picks.

So if for instance we were short of 1st round points next year (pick 18 not worth a lot of points) and if there happened to be a player we had to match a bid on, the balance of points would come off our second, as it did for Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I�m pretty sure you can delist a contracted player. However the club is obligated to pay that player the money stated in the contract as well as include the money in the salary cap.

In fact this is the exact rumour going around at the moment. That Port are going to delist the contracted Matthew Lobbe if they can�t find any takers at the trade table.
    I agree with you Ugg. A player can be delisted, even contracted, at any time but if contracted his contract must be fiscally honoured. The payment stays as part of the salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Ramanauskas is just using the Akermanis playbook by name dropping the Swans as an interested club.
    He's probaby trying to get a better deal for Watts.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I agree with you Ugg. A player can be delisted, even contracted, at any time but if contracted his contract must be fiscally honoured. The payment stays as part of the salary cap.
    Re payment - but not the full amount to the extent that another club then employs the delisted player, dependent on the terms of the new club�s contract.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Both have shown to be good role players, or good ordinary players as some like to say, who left for more playing opportunity. Aliir & Dawson are the obvious players still in the NEAFL that probably should be at senior level.

Hard to know if our recruiters are having a lazy 10 days or are actually planning a raid. In the fullness of time .....

I see Essendon & Melbourne have finally got a trade come in. Stringer is the interesting one, Dogs vs Dodoro, we watch with interest now Essendon have traded out pick 11 that Dogs wanted. Bit like Hawks who traded out 14 last year and in the process annoyed the Suns who saw it as part of the O'Meara deal.
    We didn't trade last year and were quite happy to play the draft and rookie draft. Maybe we'll do that again. We will upgrade a few so we might see a last minute delisting or two, allowing the players to be picked up in the preseason draft. I don't think this draft looks particularly strong so we might only draft 2 at most 3 players. We might also delist a player then pick him up as a Rookie.

Re delistings - Brandon Jack has put up a very nice/gracious farewell note on his Instagram account.

Veteran Site Admin
    Contracted Swans midfielder wants out - AFL.com.au

Dan Robinson has asked for a trade, seeking better senior opportunities. He doesn't have a very high profile so not sure there will be lots of clubs knocking down the door. But if he has a relationship with Dew, maybe the Gold Coast is a possibility.

I'd have thought his standing was reasonably high at the club. He held his position in the senior team until he got injured, and while he's probably not "best 22" I get the feeling he's not far outside.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Strange one, considering:

1. He is a Sydney boy.
    2. He's received chances when fit.

List clogger, had his chances, was unlucky with injury but id be disappointed if Hayward, Floreant, Dawson and this years first rounder didn't go past him

- - - Updated - - -

Tippett, Pick 14 and Robinson for Lynch......

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    List clogger, had his chances, was unlucky with injury but id be disappointed if Hayward, Floreant, Dawson and this years first rounder didn't go past him

- - - Updated - - -

Would love this trade! Don't know if it would happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

He he. Might as well chuck Sinclair in there as well. Never going to happen but fun to speculate.

I wonder how many Swans players need to make way for us to entertain Watts... Or whether we'd consider another inside hard nut like Miles

You would think Dan's manager would have tested the waters to see if there was some interest before asking for a trade. Dan was one of the players I listed who should consider going to another club for more opportunities. I think he would be a good fit for GC who are in real need of midfielders. I would take an upgrade of our pick 32 to one of their picks in the 20s.