Page 431 of 463 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,172 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Senior Player
    It will be pretty impressive if he can be disciplined, driven and mentally strong enough to work through the long rehab and then back into form and into the first team, particularly noting his recent injuries, poor recent performance record, public criticism and the competition for spots. I suspect self-belief has become an issue for Tippett.

I think the ankle recon is a good thing. I posted during the season - after a game where he went off (seemingly done for the night) early with an injured ankle, only to miraculously return, that I thought he presented like a player with lax ankle ligaments (ie that he would �roll� his ankle have intense pain but recover very quickly). The problem is that each repeat inversion injury makes the ankle a little more unstable. His playing style (contested aerial marking) and body morphology (high centre of gravity with thin legs) would exacerbate this.
    I posted at the time that surgical stabilisation might actually improve him ... if his rehab and recovery go well.
    Unfortunately, it�s typically a 6-12 month recovery time for lateral ligament reconstructions. That might mean half way through next season.
    Or just the final 2 years of his contract.

Very sad. Embarassing to himself and the club. He really needs to look at his career options.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Tippett has played his last game of AFL footy. He'll never make it back to our senior side.
    Whoaah there Ludwig......that's big. I think his best footy is still ahead of him! But seriously, we'll have to revisit the above prediction down the track.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Worst deal this club has ever gotten itself into....
    It may well turn out to be but I will never hold it against the club for doing it in the first place. Of course, had they known Buddy was to come knocking a year later, they never would have done the Tippett deal.

Why can't he just retire. If we come to a settlement with him to pay out most of his contract, do we have to include the payment in the TPP? I thought there was an exclusion for retirement due to injury.

Most likely result is that he will be a 32 yo #4 ruckman when available to play in 2019. He will be a reserves team backup ruckman earning $600,000.

We�d be better off financially with Chris Mayne or Ty Vickery playing in the NEAFL.

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Very sad. Embarassing to himself and the club. He really needs to look at his career options.
    How is having a terrible injury 'embarrassing'?
    And the Club took a calculated risk: remember there was no Franklin on the scene for us, and we were looking very thin across the forward line (Reid was young, and frail). The Club has a mixed record recruiting FFs: success with Plugger, BBBH; less success with Bradshaw. But the Tippett deal was not 'embarrassing'. He has looked really good on occasion; he tore it up for the first half of 2016.
    I, for one, really enjoy him when he's on song, and sincerely look forward to his recovery and two or three strong seasons leading into his retirement. Good luck KT.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    How is having a terrible injury 'embarrassing'?
    And the Club took a calculated risk: remember there was no Franklin on the scene for us, and we were looking very thin across the forward line (Reid was young, and frail). The Club has a mixed record recruiting FFs: success with Plugger, BBBH; less success with Bradshaw. But the Tippett deal was not 'embarrassing'. He has looked really good on occasion; he tore it up for the first half of 2016.
    I, for one, really enjoy him when he's on song, and sincerely look forward to his recovery and two or three strong seasons leading into his retirement. Good luck KT.
    The embarrassment is about Tippo 1/ cutting and running from Adelaide without so much as a �seeya� 2/ joining the Swans on huge coin but proving way short on delivery 3/ providing a truly dreadful performance in a GF ( if he was injured to begin with how come he got the gig?) 4/ proving unreliable in the Legs Dept over seasons, repeatedly 5/ electing not to run and chase during games ( God almighty that ticked me off) 6/ in spite of what little �man love� remains from RWOers, and the girl crush from Annie H, Tippo is reduced to being just one of four ruck men vying for the one spot. That, ol� mate is embarrassing to him and the club.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    ... less success with Bradshaw...
    I'll use any excuse to watch this clip again
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 17th October 2017 at 10:14 AM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    I think original deal was fine (even if he didn't deliver his full potential) the only real kicker was the automatic extension at big dollars. Whoever signed off on that needs their butt kicked

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I think original deal was fine (even if he didn't deliver his full potential) the only real kicker was the automatic extension at big dollars. Whoever signed off on that needs their butt kicked
    I thought that the extensions he has taken (2 if I remember correctly) were for reduced rates
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!