Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: New Competition Structure for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Maybe the league will push to create a western sydney 'super club' with access to top facilities and the use of development officers paid for by the league to attract players and get word out into schools....and maybe those officers will pull on a super club guernsey on a Saturday.
    Sounds like a Magic idea

Quote Originally Posted by GallopingGoanna View Post
    Sounds like a Magic idea
    I know that the league wouldn't do this while it guttered an established club though.
    That would be MACshocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or cannibalising a RAMshackle local Under 18s squad.

If a Prems club cant raise 22 players to play 19's every week, they shouldn't be in Prems.
    I can understand if the Div 2 teams go to 16 a side plus bench (the bench should allow 6 players, so as not to penalise those clubs that can get full numbers).

With regard to 17y/o playing 19's a couple, of points:
    The academy pushes the 17 y/o to play 19's
    There are some kids just love playing footy and love playing 19's on Sat and 17's on sunday.
    It helps as a bit if a recruitment tool to get a couple of 17's playing the odd game in 19's, gives them a taste.
    When the fielding of a 19's team depends week in week out on playing 6-7 x 17's, then that is not good for either team.
    --

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    If a Prems club cant raise 22 players to play 19's every week, they shouldn't be in Prems.
    I can understand if the Div 2 teams go to 16 a side plus bench (the bench should allow 6 players, so as not to penalise those clubs that can get full numbers).

With regard to 17y/o playing 19's a couple, of points:
    The academy pushes the 17 y/o to play 19's
    There are some kids just love playing footy and love playing 19's on Sat and 17's on sunday.
    It helps as a bit if a recruitment tool to get a couple of 17's playing the odd game in 19's, gives them a taste.
    When the fielding of a 19's team depends week in week out on playing 6-7 x 17's, then that is not good for either team.
    --
    Yawn comment

It always amazes me that one of the "heartland" AFL areas of Sydney, the Eastern Suburbs, can only produce a single Under 19's team

Quote Originally Posted by pickup01 View Post
    I know that the league wouldn't do this while it guttered an established club though.
    That would be MACshocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure what's worse.. guttered or macshocking

Love the look of the prize winner at the Jets B&F night - could it be Tiny Tim with a durry ? What could be the secret to his success this year ?

In the olden days, Channel 7 had "Pelaco Inquest" which was a footy panel show featuring VFL stars. As a reward for turning up, the players would be presented with a carton of Craven Filters.
    Remember Craven Filters ?...."you've got nothing to lose but your smokers cough".

You've go to be really old to understand that sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Love the look of the prize winner at the Jets B&F night - could it be Tiny Tim with a durry ? What could be the secret to his success this year ?

In the olden days, Channel 7 had "Pelaco Inquest" which was a footy panel show featuring VFL stars. As a reward for turning up, the players would be presented with a carton of Craven Filters.
    Remember Craven Filters ?...."you've got nothing to lose but your smokers cough".

You've go to be really old to understand that sort of stuff.
    That'd be Clinchy. He is a weapon, but incredibly shy. I accepted his McFarlane medal at 2014 Phelan because there was buckleys chance he was attending.

Did we publish a story on the B & F? I can't find anything.

While we wait for the structures to be announced... it was clear in the strategic roadmap that the League want to provide more club level support.
    Any thoughts on what this could/should look like?
    At the moment it seems anything is an improvement

Warming the Bench
    Well it seems the East Coast / St George movie roles on, i noticed Karl Merson has requested a clearance back to East Coast (already) and surprise surprise its been denied!! haha Looks as though Scowns appointment brings a number of Wests players across with him also, which is concerning for Wests ...however still yet to see the name "Salter" across to East Coast....time will tell .....in other news its 6 weeks from Chrissy and there has been no developments as to the comp structure and if Camden is going up??? im sure someone knows whats going on

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Well it seems the East Coast / St George movie roles on, i noticed Karl Merson has requested a clearance back to East Coast (already) and surprise surprise its been denied!! haha Looks as though Scowns appointment brings a number of Wests players across with him also, which is concerning for Wests ...however still yet to see the name "Salter" across to East Coast....time will tell .....in other news its 6 weeks from Chrissy and there has been no developments as to the comp structure and if Camden is going up??? im sure someone knows whats going on
    Pretty sure applications for consideration in the Mens & Womens comps closed early November. Given it appears an exercise to appear democratic but will be down to HQ to make the calls, it should be a pretty quick turn around for them. So we should have it all confirmed (Prems, Platinum and remaining comps) in the coming week or so..

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast