Page 446 of 463 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,352 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Veterans List
    It's nice to return to Oz after a while away and find the Tippett thread still ticking over. Can we keep it going till father/son kicks in?

And I like buttons but not enough to end every post that way.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It's nice to return to Oz after a while away and find the Tippett thread still ticking over. Can we keep it going till father/son kicks in?

And I like buttons but not enough to end every post that way.
    There's been some concerted efforts to keep it rolling along. So the answer to your question is YES!

Can we bring Tipoff back now?
    We really need him.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Anyone seen Tip lately? Pointless question to get this thread back to it's rightful place on page one.......it just seems wrong for it not to be there.

No but I bumped into Andrew Sch�uble yesterday in Geelong

Kurt recently got engaged to his lovely netball-playing girlfriend (Melbourne Vixens). So I think he is off being happy!

Ps I say �lovely� when I�ve never met her. But to the extent you get some vibe about a person from their social media presence, she seems to be a genuinely nice person - infrequent Instagram posts but never of the �look-at-me, aren�t I great� variety. Kurt himself barely ever posts anything. I think dropping out of the public eye suits him just fine. When he announced his retirement he said he would finish some studies here in Sydney this year.

Damn that ankle though, we could have done with at least one of Kurt, Naismith and Reid being fit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Kurt recently got engaged to his lovely netball-playing girlfriend (Melbourne Vixens). So I think he is off being happy!

Ps I say �lovely� when I�ve never met her. But to the extent you get some vibe about a person from their social media presence, she seems to be a genuinely nice person - infrequent Instagram posts but never of the �look-at-me, aren�t I great� variety. Kurt himself barely ever posts anything. I think dropping out of the public eye suits him just fine. When he announced his retirement he said he would finish some studies here in Sydney this year.

[B]Damn that ankle though, we could have done with at least one of Kurt, Naismith and Reid being fit right now.

How true. Damn shame.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

Does she have a name?

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    This is the key bit of information regarding the Tippo payout. Once you know this, everything else makes sense.

Category: | Herald Sun

Had it been a career-ending injury, Sydney would have been forced to pay Tippett the full amount of his contract over the next three years... Because the ankle reconstruction Tippett had in October wasn�t a career-ending injury, Swans football manager Tom Harley has been [allowed] to negotiate a reduced figure on his payout.

Harley told SEN radio "There are strict definitions around what constitutes career-ending injuries. It means you aren�t able to play and that isn�t what�s happened to Kurt. [that's why] ... We won�t have to carry his salary for the full term of his three years remaining,�
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Seems a strange distinction? If he broke his leg with a compound fracture we'd have to pay him the full measure..?
    There was something over the weekend about Dane Swan playing local footy, and that almost didn't go ahead because the insurers might void his injury payout if he played again.

That made me wonder about the Tippett scenario - ie. if injury cuts short your career, what exactly does the insurance cover in the Swan situation? If what is mentioned above is correct, any length of contract remaining has to be paid by the club, and given his age it's not as though Swan could have argued that he was likely to play on much longer anyway (and demonstrate that the injury lost him future income etc).

There must be a reasonable benefit for the player to agree with a settlement, which on face value would be significantly less than the full amount of the rest of the contract. It can't solely rely on the player saying "I'd feel bad about staying on the list to get all that money, so I'm happy to accept a lesser amount to leave right now". I assume part of that is manipulating it to allow for an insurance payout - perhaps different paths depending on whether the injury straight-out prevents them playing again, or maybe another where an injury prevents you from 'fulfilling your obligations to a reasonable standard' or something similar.

Either way, I'd say it's quite likely Tippett receives some sort of insurance payout, which forms part of the relief we get from paying out most of his remaining contract.
    Last edited by Steve; 23rd April 2018 at 01:11 PM.

Naismith out. Sammy out. Buddy out. I miss Tippett just a little
    Last edited by goswannies; 25th April 2018 at 05:26 PM.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Tippett!! thread, I thought we�d lost you!! (or perhaps you broke RWO with your sheer size!)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Hello darkness, my old friend.

Tippett!! thread, I thought we�d lost you!! (or perhaps you broke RWO with your sheer size!)
    The weight of that 'sheer size' has seen it slowly sink into page two but with this air filled post, it'll rise quickly back up to page one........

Actually, with Sinkers playing so well, Kurt will currently be enjoying a guilt free retirement.