Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Game of 2 very different quarters.
    Must be a wind to one end, if that's possible in that new Perth stadium......Eagles well in front again in the third.

Some questions to ask at the Clarkson press conference.
    1: "You seemed quite distracted after the Swans game: should you have spent more time coaching and less time whining?

2: "I just talked to Leigh Matthews and he reckoned the game plan was crap. Was the game plan crap? "

3: "You brought James Worple into the side: was it wise to play someone who looks like Cletus Spuckler?"

Veteran Site Admin
    That performance by the Lions was coming. Rather they show the world (or Australia, at least) what they are capable of before we turn up there, not during. If they play like that again next week they are a good chance of beating us but

a) our guys will be ready for it;
    b) the Swans won't allow them quite such freedom in the middle of the ground as the Hawks did. After quarter time the Hawks' defensive pressure was very ordinary and they weren't winning much contested ball either. It's as if they thought they would prevail in a bruise free shoot out. The Swans won't give them that.

Veterans List
    Eagles by 47 pts........pretty much what I expected. I tipped them.....but didn't tip Essendon.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That performance by the Lions was coming. Rather they show the world (or Australia, at least) what they are capable of before we turn up there, not during. If they play like that again next week they are a good chance of beating us but

a) our guys will be ready for it;
    b) the Swans won't allow them quite such freedom in the middle of the ground as the Hawks did. After quarter time the Hawks' defensive pressure was very ordinary and they weren't winning much contested ball either. It's as if they thought they would prevail in a bruise free shoot out. The Swans won't give them that.
    c) We�ll have an extra days rest
    d) I do believe that Fagan is better qualified to coach against the Hawks than us after being In the inner sanctum for so long

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Eagles by 47 pts........pretty much what I expected. I tipped them.....but didn't tip Essendon.
    Our round one win looks so much more impressive now than it did at the time.

Veterans List
    Had to laugh at the Channel 7 news report on the Demons win......"Demons fans dare to dream!!" Why, because you thrashed 'Carlton'?? Sheese.....

We don't play them until round 21 (at the 'G!), by which time we will have played WC, NM and the Cats twice. Weird.....

Next 3 weeks, we play Lions, Blues and Saints. Per-cen-tage!!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Some questions to ask at the Clarkson press conference.
    1: "You seemed quite distracted after the Swans game: should you have spent more time coaching and less time whining?

2: "I just talked to Leigh Matthews and he reckoned the game plan was crap. Was the game plan crap? "

3: "You brought James Worple into the side: was it wise to play someone who looks like Cletus Spuckler?"
    Gold!
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Had to laugh at the Channel 7 news report on the Demons win......"Demons fans dare to dream!!" Why, because you thrashed 'Carlton'?? Sheese.....

We don't play them until round 21 (at the 'G!), by which time we will have played WC, NM and the Cats twice. Weird.....

Next 3 weeks, we play Lions, Blues and Saints. Per-cen-tage!!
    After the way the lions won today, I am not sure it will be an easy beat ! Some of their younger players are staying to shine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    After the way the lions won today, I am not sure it will be an easy beat ! Some of their younger players are staying to shine.
    +1

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Agree on that one.....they were impressive today and at home again next week won't be easy but Blues and Saints have potential for a boost. I still think we should beat the Lions fairly comfortably in a competitive game, although the way they won today had me questioning the merits of our win over the Hawks last week....but we beat them in Melbourne and I seriously doubt that Brisbane would beat the Hawks at the 'G. The Hawks are a lot more 'on' at the 'G. They were insipid today and have been in past years up north. Early prediction.....Swans by 33pts.......what the hell, the whiskeys talking.....Buddy to kick 5, Ronke to snag 3 and Heeney to take Mark of the Year (he was just warming up yesterday!).
    Last edited by stevoswan; 20th May 2018 at 11:09 PM.

Haven�t seen a team move the ball that fast and efficiently as The Eagles did in that last quarter against The Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Ahh, so that's why he dropped five players.
    Once you go past the top 10 or 15 on Hawthorn�s list, it starts to get pretty poor. They need to find some of those fringe players who aren�t exactly stars, but who put in a solid effort.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast