Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 16 Sydney v Geelong, SCG, 05 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansCats

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Reid Dawson Papley Heeney COR to come in. Newman makes too many mistakes I think.
    Oops, in my hasty post between jobs I forgot Heeney and Papley to return! We await the NEAFL game outcome

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    We all say things after losses we regret.... there is one for you Merdo.
    Technically Merdo is 100% correct. Getting both Buddy and Tippett WAS a huge mistake. The problem was that; 1) we couldn't have predicted that Buddy would want in the next year, and 2) we took a gamble on Tippett hoping his body would hold up which it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Getting Tippo was a mistake getting Bud was the best decision we've possibly ever made. We would not have made 2014 or 16 GF without him. Giving Sam Reid another huge contract is a huge mistake.
    đź‘Ť.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    RWO posters

Swans win = Yay
    Swans Lose = why do we bother, can't win the premiership. Play youth and look to the future

Time to think about hitting post just after a tough loss ....

We were always going to struggle to score last night
    Until we have Paps, Reid, and Heeney back tohelp Buddy and McCartin
    Patience is needed
    We are lucky that outside of the Tigers most teams are inconsistent
    We can and will still finish top 4
    I haven't seen much of that sooking this time.
    More analysis of the losee and players who underperformed.
    nothing wrong with that.
    I think most of us are positive still, doesn't mean a loss can't be broken down and assessed...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Getting Tippett was the recruiting coup of the century. The reining premier secures the number one available player under everyone's nose, and he wasn't really that available. How it worked out later is history but as a recruitment manoeuvre, it was the best of the best.

Buddy, less so, he basically walked up and said "take me". Keeping it quiet was well done though.

Veterans List
    I noticed last night that Hewett was present at many centre bounces, lured in there by Selwood who he was tagging. Frankly, Hewett has turned out to be a good tagger but not much good at anything else. Has no awareness with ball in hand of both team mates and opponents, is slow to react with ball in hand and doesn't know which way to turn with ball in hand. When he gets a free (stages for them) or the odd mark he stands there like a stale bottle of beer. Got caught holding the ball 4 times in the first half against Richmond. A waste of time at centre bounces. As Ludwig would say, out there for his good looks.

I still do not get how people thought Allir didn't play well. 8 intercept marks is pretty darn good and his disposal went at 93% effective. Plus his 1%er spoils were excellent.

Our problem is not our defence. We miss Mills but they have been marvellous this year. It is the mids that have let us down and their horrible disposal and lack of possessions. It looks like the selectors will be "forced" to bring in some young players into that area. Put Ronke and Florent in there for all centre bounces. With Jack and Hanners going poorly (finished) we have lost that red hot go for the footy. We need some urgent grunt in there.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I noticed last night that Hewett was present at many centre bounces, lured in there by Selwood who he was tagging. Frankly, Hewett has turned out to be a good tagger but not much good at anything else. Has no awareness with ball in hand of both team mates and opponents, is slow to react with ball in hand and doesn't know which way to turn with ball in hand. When he gets a free (stages for them) or the odd mark he stands there like a stale bottle of beer. Got caught holding the ball 4 times in the first half against Richmond. A waste of time at centre bounces. As Ludwig would say, out there for his good looks.

I still do not get how people thought Allir didn't play well. 8 intercept marks is pretty darn good and his disposal went at 93% effective. Plus his 1%er spoils were excellent.

Our problem is not our defence. We miss Mills but they have been marvellous this year. It is the mids that have let us down and their horrible disposal and lack of possessions. It looks like the selectors will be "forced" to bring in some young players into that area. Put Ronke and Florent in there for all centre bounces. With Jack and Hanners going poorly (finished) we have lost that red hot go for the footy. We need some urgent grunt in there.
    Surprised you've turned on Hewitt after one poor half of football. Has been clearly one of our best this year as a run with player. Has got a footy brain and we saw this from him as a forward. His main role is negating stars and this takes a lot of concentration. Very good contested ball player and negator in the Brett Kirk mould.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Surprised you've turned on Hewitt after one poor half of football. Has been clearly one of our best this year as a run with player. Has got a footy brain and we saw this from him as a forward. His main role is negating stars and this takes a lot of concentration. Very good contested ball player and negator in the Brett Kirk mould.
    I closely watch how he plays. He is a good tagger, I don't dispute that, be he is no Brett Kirk by a long way. Kirk did something with the footy.

Senior Player
    I closely watch how he plays. He is a good tagger, I don't dispute that, be he is no Brett Kirk by a long way. Kirk did something with the footy.
    Kirky didn't really come good till he was 26 or so . Fantastic player but not the greatest of kicks. George is still a young player nowhere near his peak. McVeigh, Jack and others started as taggers as well.

I noticed last night that Hewett was present at many centre bounces, lured in there by Selwood who he was tagging. Frankly, Hewett has turned out to be a good tagger but not much good at anything else. Got caught holding the ball 4 times in the first half against Richmond. A waste of time at centre bounces. As Ludwig would say, out there for his good looks.
    In the Richmond game Hewett got 20 contested possessions and a game leading 10 clearances.

But as you say, even if he were a poor player I'd want him out there just for his good looks. He reminds me so much of myself.

Senior Player
    I'm pretty sure he spends time there every week, marking the opposition's best clearance player. Third most clearances/centre clearances by a Swan. Ten clearances last week, four from the centre.

He was poor last night.

Hewett’s been pretty good this year, imho, so a bit harsh I’d say.

Aliir did well on Taylor & won that battle pretty clearly. His disposals still leave me cringing - but good to see him back out there.

Ollie is great, but not the answer just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk