Page 452 of 463 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462 ... LastLast
Results 5,413 to 5,424 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Well well. If I was Harley I'd be making Tippo earn his payout. He would look pretty good as a runner (will need to tape those ankles). Or failing that, he could always be a dish pig, sell cornettos on game day, become Cygnet, do the laundry. The possibilities are endless!
    Official greeter, bouncer, the person who has to sit next to Horse in the coach's box....

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I've heard around the traps that he may be making a playing comeback in the Bendigo League for Strathfieldsaye

Not confirmed obviously, but he would dominate at that levell
    If his body is good enuff to play for Strath, and he’s on our rookie list anyway, why isn’t he playing in our reserves in the NEAFL. Could be the difference come NEAFL finals time

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    If his body is good enuff to play for Strath, and he’s on our rookie list anyway, why isn’t he playing in our reserves in the NEAFL. Could be the difference come NEAFL finals time
    He prefers to play in the higher ranked competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    We won't be free of his salary until 2020. This move helps us save some cap space but probably explains why things are still tight.
    If he's on our rookie list, doesn't that mean we ARE free of his salary within the cap?

The Sydney Swans have today delisted Kurt Tippett.
    In keeping with AFL rules and regulations, it is the club’s intention to re-draft Tippett in the upcoming AFL Rookie Draft so that the club can fulfil the terms of an agreed settlement.
    Tippett, who retired from AFL football in January 2018 due to injury problems, is not fit for football and has no intention of returning to the AFL.
    With this statement we consider the matter closed. No parties will make any further comment.
    Except this party!!!

Oh my. If you are well enough to play in god-knows-where, you are well enough to play here.
    Backup ruckman. We may only need him once... providing he can go the whole game without getting injured.

He's a lovely bloke, but... Seriously. Ripped. Off.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Surely this will now put to bed anyone defending the idea that his contract was ever a good deal for us.
    An absolute shocker....
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    In hindsight, agreed.
    Always in hindsight.....but it did look great at the time and as I've repeatedly said, the club doesn't have a crystal ball.....so get over it!

It is the epitome of 'pointless' to complain about a deal years later after it doesn't work out.......pointless and annoying.....and that goes for the Mitchell complainers as well!

And it will also apply to anyone who complains about the Hannerbury deal in the future, if he happens to be a gun again......

What's done is DONE.....move on.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    All I see here is a chance that Tippett may make a comeback
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Except this party!!!

Oh my. If you are well enough to play in god-knows-where, you are well enough to play here.
    Backup ruckman. We may only need him once... providing he can go the whole game without getting injured.

He's a lovely bloke, but... Seriously. Ripped. Off.
    "Tippett, who retired from AFL football in January 2018 due to injury problems, is not fit for football and has no intention of returning to the AFL."

Seems plain enough to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Always in hindsight.....but it did look great at the time and as I've repeatedly said, the club doesn't have a crystal ball.....so get over it!

It is the epitome of 'pointless' to complain about a deal years later after it doesn't work out.......pointless and annoying.....and that goes for the Mitchell complainers as well!

And it will also apply to anyone who complains about the Hannerbury deal in the future, if he happens to be a gun again......

What's done is DONE.....move on.
    +1. Agreed supporters should "get over it". It's done and nothing can be changed.

Goes up to 11
    I won't "get over it" until he's off the list.

And would we want the best thread ever to fade away and die just yet anyway???

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    "Tippett, who retired from AFL football in January 2018 due to injury problems, is not fit for football and has no intention of returning to the AFL."

Seems plain enough to me.....
    For now.
    I predict a killer pre season for him
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I imagine the training regime and playing intensity of our NEAFL team is many degrees higher than in an amateur suburban or country league.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I won't "get over it" until he's off the list.

And would we want the best thread ever to fade away and die just yet anyway???
    Absolutely not!