Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes - Swans Legend

Happy to hear this about Adam. Certainly well deserved. I'm not necessarily a fan of the off field opinions but there is no disputing his ability to play through his injuries and his love for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Happy to hear this about Adam. Certainly well deserved. I'm not necessarily a fan of the off field opinions but there is no disputing his ability to play through his injuries and his love for the club.
    Last bit: well said. You didn't even need to mention the other stuff.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Last bit: well said. You didn't even need to mention the other stuff.
    It could only ever be begrudging praise from that quarter. Arguably the greatest player to wear the red and white, yet the desire to poke the bear never completely evaporates.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'm always suspicious of what truly motivates anyone to have a negative attitude regarding an indigenous person attempting to improve the lives of indigenous people.....without affecting anyone else. What are you truly afraid of SS?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'm always suspicious of what truly motivates anyone to have a negative attitude regarding an indigenous person attempting to improve the lives of indigenous people.....without affecting anyone else. What are you truly afraid of SS?
    Let's not go there. We all know the answer. Denial is a powerful thing in this deeply troubled world. Some people need it just to get through. Let's just talk about the footy or we'll end up in Open Chat.

Can we get back to talking about Goodsey and leave the commenting about other posters? It seems to me that on this occasion SS was simply fair acknowledging differences of opinion he has had about Adam before praising, not criticising, him. No need for reading it otherwise and leading the thread off in another direction.

As for myself, I am an unabashed fan of Goodesy and I stand by pretty much everything I know of that he has said or done on or off the field. Delighted to see him get his just and inevitable recognition as a Legend of our club. Good call by liz picking his immediate elevation to Legend status too.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Can we get back to talking about Goodsey and leave the commenting about other posters? It seems to me that on this occasion SS was simply fair acknowledging differences of opinion he has had about Adam before praising, not criticising, him. No need for reading it otherwise and leading the thread off in another direction.

As for myself, I am an unabashed fan of Goodesy and I stand by pretty much everything I know of that he has said or done on or off the field. Delighted to see him get his just and inevitable recognition as a Legend of our club. Good call by liz picking his immediate elevation to Legend status too.
    Fair call

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Yep, fair call BS.

It would just be nice if certain people realise that this site, being a Swans fan site, makes this thread basically a Goodes appreciation thread and as such, kept their posts positive and resisted the temptation of antagonising other posters.....when they are acutely aware that their post will do exactly that.

On the veteran's list
    Tony Morwood yesterday on SEN mentioned something to do with Adam and his wife having a child. Are they? Do they?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Adam Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Tony Morwood yesterday on SEN mentioned something to do with Adam and his wife having a child. Are they? Do they?
    I know Adam and Natalie are expecting their first child, I think due about July. She will be captain and star player of the Swans’ AFLW team in 2038

(Actually I read they don’t know the baby’s gender so I made that up. Natalie is a hockey player though so the sporting genes should be strong.)

It’s more lovely news for Adam who seems to be enjoying his retirement immensely.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I know Adam and Natalie are expecting their first child, I think due about July. She will be captain and star player of the Swans’ AFLW team in 2038

(Actually I read they don’t know the baby’s gender so I made that up. Natalie is a hockey player though so the sporting genes should be strong.)

It’s more lovely news for Adam who seems to be enjoying his retirement immensely.
    He's acted with grace, humility and as a leader. So impressive.

Veterans List
    Goodsey and Micky O's "GO" foundation are currently fund raising with a Sherrin Indigenous Art Auction. Check out the balls and their excellent art work that are up for auction here if you are interested (and of course, make a bid if you like what you see and want to own one!):

GO Foundation Luncheon | Items | Silent Auction

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast