Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Shabby SCG turf

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Dear Gladys B.....you are a complete moron. Thanks for nothing.....
    Send both rugby's to Homebush, or suburban grounds, they don't need the crowd capacity anyway. This is a reminder of where the code still sits in Sydney.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    There will be more rugby league games than rugby games over the course of this year, and likely the next couple of years, but I think both rugby and rugby league will consider moving some games if the issues persist.

That said, the SCG have of course come out and said that they'll sort the issues over the next few weeks.

I wouldn't trust much of what David King says anyway, particularly regarding stadiums, surfaces etc outside of Melbourne.
    King known to exaggerate - hope this is the case re state of turf

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Send both rugby's to Homebush, or suburban grounds, they don't need the crowd capacity anyway. This is a reminder of where the code still sits in Sydney.
    Good call.....

Looks a very significant issue with no satisfactory resolution.

On the veteran's list
    They can play the rugby anywhere. Nobody goes anyway.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    They can play the rugby anywhere. Nobody goes anyway.
    Fair enough for the rugby, but the league has a few big matches coming up, including this week's Roosters Souths clash. It doesn't look like they're gonna move any league games by the sounds of it.

Veterans List
    Fair enough for the rugby, but the league has a few big matches coming up, including this week's Roosters Souths clash. It doesn't look like they're gonna move any league games by the sounds of it.
    I heard an interview with a Roosters (?) player yesterday saying that the SCG is their home for the next three years.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I heard an interview with a Roosters (?) player yesterday saying that the SCG is their home for the next three years.
    That's correct - it'll be the Roosters home for at least the next three years, and who knows, maybe more if the current stadium schemozzles don't get sorted soon after the upcoming election.

There are no other suitable venues in the eastern suburbs so the Roosters really don't have any other choice if they want to keep their games local in the east.

On the veteran's list
    That's correct - it'll be the Roosters home for at least the next three years, and who knows, maybe more if the current stadium schemozzles don't get sorted soon after the upcoming election.

There are no other suitable venues in the eastern suburbs so the Roosters really don't have any other choice if they want to keep their games local in the east.
    How many do they average to a game? 6 or 7,000? Why need a big stadium?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought I'd read that the club would only be able to train there during the weeks immediately before a home game. But I asked the question at the recent AGM and was told (by Harley) that the club retains its contractual rights to train there three times every week. He did, however, acknowledge that they may face some pressure to move training to alternative venues. The revamped oval outside the SCG (I guess we can't call it Bus Loop Oval anymore, given the bus loop has gone) is due to be available in a couple of months. Last week they were preparing to lay the turf. A week earlier, when I walked past it, it was just a random pattern of mounds of earth.
    It's disappointing that the "once was bus loop" oval is still that far away, I would have thought that it would be accelerated like crazy as soon as they became aware that they'd likely need to have an additional place to train.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    How many do they average to a game? 6 or 7,000? Why need a big stadium?
    I looked it up. Their average home attendance for last season was 13,274. Something that could easily fit into Leichhardt Oval or North Sydney Oval. Maybe the problem is, that those making the decisions, prefer the the corporate boxes at the SCG?

Those rugby scrum acts just uproot heaps of turf (especially if it hasn’t taken root).
    Have to relocate some rugby games.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast