Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Hayden McLean

There aren't many to choose from!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I assume he will take the vacant #41 guernsey
    Good! That was once Mumford's number and our NEAFL coach once owned it too.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    There aren't many to choose from!
    Well there's always 37...

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Well there's always 37...
    Maybe we should hold that aside for Joel Amartey. Just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    And is this a prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And is this a prediction?
    Was a prediction. Sort of.

But more a hope. I wouldn't want to compare anyone to the great AG, but Amartey has of the same attributes, so the potential is there. I hope he's not hampered by injury and gets a good crack at it this year and can see more of what he can produce on the ground.

Was a prediction. Sort of.

But more a hope. I wouldn't want to compare anyone to the great AG, but Amartey has of the same attributes, so the potential is there. I hope he's not hampered by injury and gets a good crack at it this year and can see more of what he can produce on the ground.
    Yes, I quite liked what I saw of him last season. I was hoping that another pre-season would further improve him, but it seems that injury stopped that from happening. Though I still think, that he'll probably show enough improvement, to earn a rookie elevation.

Too early for No. 37 to be allocated to another player. Also, just to clarify (in case there was misunderstanding) I don’t think Amartey shares Adam’s heritage, I believe he has Ghanaian-Australian parentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Too early for No. 37 to be allocated to another player. Also, just to clarify (in case there was misunderstanding) I don’t think Amartey shares Adam’s heritage, I believe he has Ghanaian-Australian parentage.
    Tad confused why that clarification was necessary . Not sure it was suggested they were both of indigenous Australian heritage as being the reason he could possibly be the next Adam Goodes ( or be fit to wear his number one day ) . I assumed it was more about his rare athletic ability and size , and probably because they are both black swans players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Tad confused why that clarification was necessary . Not sure it was suggested they were both of indigenous Australian heritage as being the reason he could possibly be the next Adam Goodes ( or be fit to wear his number one day ) . I assumed it was more about his rare athletic ability and size , and probably because they are both black swans players as well.
    As I said ‘in case there was any misunderstanding’, which might not have been the case. But it has been suggested on RWO in the past that No. 37 should or might be reserved for an indigenous Australian player to follow Goodes’ heritage path in the jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I knew Amartey had a Ghanaian heritage, but it had nothing to do with the suggestion he might get the #37. It was more the similarities in athleticism and versatility to play many positions. A young player would have to be something really special to believe he might come up to such a high standard. Nick Blakey has a shot. He's shown a lot so far and has the size to be that versatile kind of player. it's a very long way to go.

Goes up to 11
    Getting back on track.... Welcome Hayden - another tall is certainly a handy pick up. Good depth coverage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast