Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL media

AFL media

I honestly have no idea where to put this, but I'm sure people will have an opinion on it.

2019 Movers and Shapers: 50-41

46. Damian Barrett

Journalist and broadcaster

One of the leading football journalists for many years, he is now the face of AFL.com.au and will play a leading role with breaking news, analysis and feature interviews. He will also feature in the AFL Record and will continue his association with Triple M, the Sunday Footy Show (having ditched the Thursday night edition) and The Sounding Board podcast which he co-hosts with his old boss Craig Hutchison.

He is one of the pre-eminent news breakers and it’s always an anxious moment for the game’s big names when his number appears on their telephone. But regulars to his podcast will know he is no beat-up merchant and he works and fact checks diligently before he runs with a big story.

"But regulars to his podcast will know he is no beat-up merchant and he works and fact checks diligently before he runs with a big story."

Words just have no meaning to some people, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    "But regulars to his podcast will know he is no beat-up merchant and he works and fact checks diligently before he runs with a big story."

Words just have no meaning to some people, do they?
    That was the line I thought would make RWOers heads explode

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That was the line I thought would make RWOers heads explode
    Yes, I feel as though it should have the tag, 'Written and authorised by D. Barrett, Melbourne, Victoria'.

Senior Player
    I honestly have no idea where to put this, but I'm sure people will have an opinion on it.

2019 Movers and Shapers: 50-41

46. Damian Barrett

Journalist and broadcaster

One of the leading football journalists for many years, he is now the face of AFL.com.au and will play a leading role with breaking news, analysis and feature interviews. He will also feature in the AFL Record and will continue his association with Triple M, the Sunday Footy Show (having ditched the Thursday night edition) and The Sounding Board podcast which he co-hosts with his old boss Craig Hutchison.

He is one of the pre-eminent news breakers and it’s always an anxious moment for the game’s big names when his number appears on their telephone. But regulars to his podcast will know he is no beat-up merchant and he works and fact checks diligently before he runs with a big story.
    This movers and shakers list compiled by SEN is a fantasy world in the tradition of Barret's Sliding Doors column. Total w..k

Veteran Site Admin
    If it doesn't neatly fit in an existing thread, start a new thread rather than tack it onto a thread on a completely different topic.

Quality laugh for a Monday morning....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List

I choked on my lunch!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    This movers and shakers list compiled by SEN is a fantasy world in the tradition of Barret's Sliding Doors column. Total w..k
    A lot of it is self indulgence.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    A lot of it is self indulgence.
    More elegantly put!

On SEN yesterday they count downed 30-20 of the movers - shapers list and if I recall correctly Buddy was 21 and Andrew Ireland 20. However I was also interested when they mentioned Bendan Gale as a possible successor to Gill as AFL CEO whenever he decides to step down. Callers were warm to the idea, mainly based on how well he interacts with (Richmond) fans. I'm not so sure!

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=KSAS;769078]On SEN yesterday they count downed 30-20 of the movers - shapers list and if I recall correctly Buddy was 21 and Andrew Ireland 20. However I was also interested when they mentioned Bendan Gale as a possible successor to Gill as AFL CEO whenever he decides to step down. Callers were warm to the idea, mainly based on how well he interacts with (Richmond) fans. I'm not so sure![/QUOTE

You would have to be a total clown to bugger up the job as CEO of the AFL. Because of the fans' obsession, especially in Vic. SA and WA, there's not a lot to do but because of this, the AFL fiddles around with game as a means of job justification. This pisses almost everybody off. Theatre of the absurd.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast