Page 27 of 147 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I tend to agree with that assessment.....and the four preliminary finalists. Maybe Geelong might make it in place of Richmond if their was any change to it.
    I think Geelong, WC and GWS are the likely prelims, with one more spot up for grabs.

Could be Brisbane, if they dont petter out in the second half of the year.
    Dont think it will be Collingwood. There glory run is ending, and beams is out for the year.
    Dont think it will be Richmond. Good effort by tiges, but 5th is where they are at.
    Could be Freo, just need a bit of consistency.
    Dont think any of the others can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Since AJ is one of three recent ex-players who already has his own dedicated thread, I've moved posts about him in here to that thread, just to keep the AJ conversation in one place.
    Thanks Liz

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I tend to agree with that assessment.....and the four preliminary finalists. Maybe Geelong might make it in place of Richmond if their was any change to it.
    I disagree. I think Geelong is the real deal and will be a preliminary finalist. Not willing to predict more than that though, especially not this far out. My mate and my main disagreement in the pre-season about which teams would play finals involved me picking Geelong and he Essendon. I was pretty confident Geelong would go alright this year although I'm less confident about the seasons to come.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think Geelong, WC and GWS are the likely prelims, with one more spot up for grabs.

Could be Brisbane, if they dont petter out in the second half of the year.
    Dont think it will be Collingwood. There glory run is ending, and beams is out for the year.
    Dont think it will be Richmond. Good effort by tiges, but 5th is where they are at.
    Could be Freo, just need a bit of consistency.
    Dont think any of the others can make it.
    At least mention a former Swans in any of those that few posts if your going to post them in this thread.

Edited for relevance...

I think Geelong Rohan, WC Jetta and GWS Mumford are the likely prelims, with one more spot up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Really wish we had kept Rohan.
    Nice sentimentality but the fact was that he wasn't performing for us. He'd have a great patch of a couple of games, then three games in a row where he'd get only several touches. I saw him live against Richmond on Friday and he just doesn't get involved in the game. He always seemed to be in the wrong position when the ball came into the forward line. He would only be keeping a younger player out of our team this year.

How do people here see Nick Newman's first season at Carlton? I watched their win against Brisbane and he was handy. Still he struggled to cement a spot down back at the Swans in recent seasons. My feeling is that he will be a handy player for them going forward but never a star.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    How do people here see Nick Newman's first season at Carlton? I watched their win against Brisbane and he was handy. Still he struggled to cement a spot down back at the Swans in recent seasons. My feeling is that he will be a handy player for them going forward but never a star.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    The knock on him is the same as it always was - can't win his own ball.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    I glanced at the TV in a cafe this morning to see "Ted Richards from Six Park" dispensing financial advice on mid-season sales bargains, on one of the morning shows (Today, I think).

I know that's what he does now and it was always his chosen post-footy career, but it's still odd for me seeing him in that role!

More: My Way: Six Park's Ted Richards talks to The Australian | Six Park

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I glanced at the TV in a cafe this morning to see "Ted Richards from Six Park" dispensing financial advice on mid-season sales bargains, on one of the morning shows (Today, I think).

I know that's what he does now and it was always his chosen post-footy career, but it's still odd for me seeing him in that role!

More: My Way: Six Park's Ted Richards talks to The Australian | Six Park
    His Dad was on "Millionaire" last week. He didn't do any good.

I think Menzel will turn out better value than rohan in that "trade", and probably $200k cheaper.

I think Menzel will turn out better value than rohan in that "trade", and probably $200k cheaper.
    Big call Bazza, big call!

Senior Player
    Win win probably. They got more forward pressure and we got class and a footy brain,which we're short of even if he's a touch slow.