Page 194 of 521 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,317 to 2,328 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

While I had pretty much let go of the idea of getting Daniher this year, this article is fanning the flames of the idea: Future up in the air as star Bomber considers options - AFL.com.au.

Afl.com.au also says the Swans were interested in the Saints Jack Newnes last year (a mid-sized midfielder, 25 yo and 150 games) and he remains unsigned. Plus they mentioned Fletcher Roberts of the Bulldogs as an unsigned KPD who hasn't been getting a game with Dogs lately - wonder whether we'd have any interest. Personally I'm much more interested in either Aaron Francis (Essendon) or Alex Keath (Adelaide) both of whom are chances of moving.

Question: we've traded for current picks 50 (West Coast's 3rd rounder) and 57 (Carlton's 4th rounder) - why? What are we going to do with them?

Given we also have picks 23, 40 and 58, how can we spin them into gold? We're probably not going to draft more than 4 which means picks 50, 57 and 58 are only going to be worth something if we use them to trade up the order. The most obvious to me way of doing this is by selling them to a club that just needs some points to pay for an Academy or father/son pick. E.g. Would Hawthorn want to sell us pick 28 (677 DVI points) for 40, 57 and 58 (429, 182 and 170, totalling 781) to help them pay for Finn Maginness? - This might leave them with a better pick after they have paid for him and would leave us with picks 4, 23, 28, and 50 which looks pretty good to me!

What the cr@p?! Rowie on 5AA just declared that Paps was keen to go to Carlton now?! Rowie is a verbal nuffer at the best of times, his comments often having his mouth bypassing his cerebral cortex with a stutter, but is there anything to this that I haven’t heard yet?!

Agree Bloodspirit👌

John Ralph On AFL Tonight said that Papley was going to Carlton. He didn’t even discuss - mentioned in passing as in “and so with Papley going to Carlton....”

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    John Ralph On AFL Tonight said that Papley was going to Carlton. He didn’t even discuss - mentioned in passing as in “and so with Papley going to Carlton....”
    And it seems to be widely accepted that we would get pick 8 for him, which would be fair enough. However, there is speculation we would give picks 4 and 8 for Daniher, which would be overs given his recent injury history and that he's one year out from free agency.

Veterans List
    I will be really devastated if Papley leaves. Of all the players on our list he would be the last that I would expect to want to go. I don't like how we haven't heard from him at all.

What is the trade ?

Paps for pick 8 ?

8 to Essendon for JD ?

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Bottom six draw for next year, other than GWS, most of the other double ups will be fellow bottom six teams, GC, Melb, Carlton, Saints, Norf? So that should translate into a more wins season in 2020.
    Maybe two extra wins at most. We would be going from a 3-1-1 fixture to at best a 1-1-3 fixture. I'm expecting something tougher, like 1-2-2 or worse. You know how hard Eddie leans on the AFL commission to penalise the Swans any time the Swans get anything better than evens at anything.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    What is the trade ?

Paps for pick 8 ?

8 to Essendon for JD ?
    Any first-round pick to Essendon for Daniher would be overs. Giving a first-round pick for a player that has played only 11 games in the past two years is madness. A second-round pick or even a third-rounder is closer to the mark.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Listening to KB interview on the Swans' website, I got the feeling that KB didn't value the first round in this year's draft that highly and seemed willing to trade out our pick 4 and look for value in the lower rounds of the draft.

It's hard to imagine our forward line with Buddy and Daniher. I suppose Reid could go back and play as a key defender, which wouldn't be all that bad. I would worry about the menagerie of young key position players that would find it hard to see a pathway to AFL footy.

It seemed that most were in agreement that we needed more midfield depth, but if the rumours are true, then we would be trading out midfielders for KPPs.

At first inspection, it doesn't look right, but teams usually find a way of working through these things and get the balance right in due course.

It's building up to an active and complex off season.

4 & 8 definitely overs for Daniher and we don't need him that much. I will be disgusted if we lose Papley and pick 4 to get Daniher!