Page 206 of 521 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,472 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I've said previously that Eagles would be a good pick up for us and after yesterday, I now have no doubt. He could play the true fullback role, Melican on 2nd tall and Aliir as intercept mark role. Rampe to play as run and carry / distributer off half back. Mills into midfield.
    Nick Robertson could be handy in Nick Smith's old position too. He played really well on Saturday night.

- - - Updated - - -

And Lewis Taylor - let's go on a Lion hunt!
    Who is Eagles?

According to this article, we're trade winners.
    Oh. Der.
    Who's winning that trade? The verdict on 11 blockbuster deals - AFL.com.au
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I've said previously that Eagles would be a good pick up for us and after yesterday, I now have no doubt. He could play the true fullback role, Melican on 2nd tall and Aliir as intercept mark role. Rampe to play as run and carry / distributer off half back. Mills into midfield.
    Nick Robertson could be handy in Nick Smith's old position too. He played really well on Saturday night.

And Lewis Taylor - let's go on a Lion hunt!
    The Lions' depth looks fantastic; certainly helped by lack of injuries.

I've liked what I've seen with Eagles as well, but the fact is that he will be 30 yo at the start of next season, which is way too old to come in as a developmental player. He's only played 4 AFL games.

I think our KPP depth is pretty good, but there's a lot of uncertainty with Maibaum missing this year and Pink not having played a senior game, although his development as a key defender in the NEAFL this year has been quite good. A potential Joe Daniher acquisition looms large and would obviate the need to recruit any KPP this year.

I like Nick Robertson and Tom Cutler as well. Both 2nd round picks from the 2013 draft and around the same size. Robertson is a solid defensive player/tagger and did a good job on Whitfield in the GWS game. Cutler brings more versatility and offense. Either would be a good acquisition, especially if we lose Jones.

I don't think in terms of replacing aging or retired players. Teams evolve, as does the game itself, and it's easy to get stuck into trying to recreate a mix that was successful in the past.

I've liked the idea of going taller in the backline, like GWS, for several years now, but we haven't had the personnel to do it. If Daniher does come to Sydney, then I agree with other posters who said Reid should go to defence. I'm looking at a defence of Aliir, 2 of Melican, Reid and McCartin (depending on Daniher), Rampe, COR and Stoddart as our emerging backline, with Mills and Lloyd both going to the midfield. Ling looms as another in the mix if he can stay clear of injury.

Lewis Taylor should get a look if we lose Papley.

As the awards night is on tomorrow, I hope the first of the delistings should happen shortly after. With Darcy Cameron being recruited by Melb clubs, Jones supposedly hunted by the Saints, our 4 retirements, the delistings will be very tough on several players. Players like Fox and Rose have reached their full potential and do not have a future in the senior side, by that I mean they will stop some of young potential talent getting a run. I will be sad to see Darcy Cameron go as 12 months ago he was the best ruckman / forward in the NEAFL and was given the cold shoulder by the selectors as were Dawson and O'Riordan. Look at those 2 now, part of the top 22 for the Swans.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    I think a lot of what we do at this years trade table will be with one eye on getting both Gulden and Campbell into the club next year.
    I agree, which is why I think the club will be trading in a few 2020 picks this year.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Who is Eagles?
    That would be Matt Eagles, the dude who won a contract with the Lions by winning that reality footy show a few years back "The Recruit". He eventually made it into the seniors up there and at times, looked the goods but has been stuck in the NEAFL side this season. Big bodied, quite a good player....honest. Not sure he's a fit for us....I might be wrong though.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 16th September 2019 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    That would be Matt Eagles, the dude who won a contract with the Lions by winning that reality footy show a few years back "The Recruit". He eventually made it into the seniors up there and at times, looked the goods but has been stuck in the NEAFL side this season. Big bodied, quite a good player....honest. Not sure he's a fit for us....I might be wrong though.
    Wasting our time with Eagles , seriously , until this season Brisbane was at a club at the bottom of the ladder and he wasnt getting a game. Better off putting time into Pink, Amartey etc.

Cameron is a better option but it seems that something has gone awry there. Its not like he wants to "go back" to Melbourne yet he's being chased by Melbourne Clubs and in some cases most definitely as a back up ruckman (eg Collingwood). It cant therefore be for more opportunity as hes unlikely to get anything at Collingwood that he wouldnt get from hanging around at the swans.

Would like to know the inside word on that situation . Of course it could be just that the swans dont see any more progress from him BUT they have made that mistake once with Nankervis so you would think they would give Cameron more of a chance.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Having looked at Gulden (172cm) and Campbell (178cm), I've realised how small both of them are. I suspect that we might be more inclined to shy away from Serong who is only 178cm. Flanders and Robertson could be chances, both at 182cm. I'm leaning more and more towards Kemp at 192cm for our first pick who would be a great JPK replacement.

Here's a bit of background on Gulden and Campbell;
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...04-p5246g.html
    Good point regarding their size. They are both little'uns, good thing they can play!
    I like the sound of Flanders, although Kemp certainly has plenty of good attributes and we have never been afraid of recruiting injured players!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Good point regarding their size. They are both little'uns, good thing they can play!
    I like the sound of Flanders, although Kemp certainly has plenty of good attributes and we have never been afraid of recruiting injured players!
    Gulden (172cm) and Campbell (178cm)

Size is less important than ability. Ask Brent Harvey (175 cm, 432 games for North Melbourne over 21 seasons).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Eddie betts
    173cm and 74kg
    316 games
    600 goals

The way the game is moving it supports the skilful small forwards even more

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Eddie betts
    173cm and 74kg
    316 games
    600 goals

The way the game is moving it supports the skilful small forwards even more
    I would give my left boob to have Betts in our team.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I would give my left boob to have Betts in our team.
    Pretty well speechless, but Betts is well cooked.