Page 217 of 521 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,593 to 2,604 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

On paper Constable has the potential to be the sort of player we need... but does anyone know whether he’ll deliver on that potential, or whether he was on our radar in his draft year?

Losing Jones would surely free up some much needed $$. I imagine this would be used to lure Daniher.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think it’s frustrating that the Melbourne media decides Jones is only worth a second rounder because he turns the ball over by foot. Presumably the same is true of Dylan Shiel?
    I think if push came to shove that we would find that only the cream are elite at kicking to position. So many turn the footy over. If that is Jones's biggest sin then clubs are looking for the perfect player. I think Jones's main fault is his uncanny ability to turn back into a contest when he is clear, which puts his disposal under pressure.

Regular in the Side
    surely a second rdrs from sts is bad, done over again by saints, second yr in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    More useful to us will be a player traded in then a pick mid 20s I would suspect re Jones

Hence the possibility mentioned already

Jones to saints
    Stevens to cats
    Constable to Swans ?

We save some serious $ ie Jones vs Constable contract would be minimum $300k pa

Constable does have the capacity to be a cut off defender or inside mid at 191cm
    I like that but the Cats would point out that Stevens is looking like being a third to fourth round pick given his age and history. Constable is worth much more than that. Constable must be getting itchy feet waiting for the older guys to retire. How long is he willing to wait? He'd play seniors for us next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    surely a second rdrs from sts is bad, done over again by saints, second yr in a row.
    Don't forget Membrey before that. They refused to even give us a pick for him.

Yep
    I was just Keeping simple

There will no doubt have to be other parts added to the trades to get what everyone thinks is reasonable

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Five Swans going to the Brownlow Medal count.....JPK, Ramps, Parks, Heens and.......Paps.

I reckon he's staying. We'll have to watch his body language on the night....

Swans ready for Brownlow night - sydneyswans.com.au
    I was pleased to see Paps there. But I think the invitations are from the AFL. Not sure the Swans have any input.

The herald sun believes we will get the pick that the saints receive from WB for josh Bruce, their second round ( currently pick 30) . I would like some form of steak knives , perhaps a future second rounder , 30 feels like a @@@@ty deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I was pleased to see Paps there. But I think the invitations are from the AFL. Not sure the Swans have any input.
    I still have, and will probably continue to be bothered by, Mitchell nightmares. I don’t know that I could handle the extra burden created by Pap’s departure.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    It’s only early but so far we’re ahead on the Hanners trade in my books.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    The herald sun believes we will get the pick that the saints receive from WB for josh Bruce, their second round ( currently pick 30) . I would like some form of steak knives , perhaps a future second rounder , 30 feels like a @@@@ty deal
    Lets then not agree to trade with St Kilda.

Geelong is going to lose Kelly, and they believe rightly they are in the premiership window.

They want a ruckman and a replacement mid.

Easily solved; the swans have both on hand.

Simple swap say a first rounder and Constable; or two first rounders.

They will get two first rounders from West Coast so they will still have one first round pick left!
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Lets then not agree to trade with St Kilda.

Geelong is going to lose Kelly, and they believe rightly they are in the premiership window.

They want a ruckman and a replacement mid.

Easily solved; the swans have both on hand.

Simple swap say a first rounder and Constable; or two first rounders.

They will get two first rounders from West Coast so they will still have one first round pick left!
    I like the thinking but I don’t believe Geelong has expressed any interest in Jones at this stage. I wonder why the Dees haven’t coming knocking , they aren’t blessed with a huge amount of pace either. Their second round pick would be a bit more palatable , currently pick 20 .