Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coaching changes

I think that McVeigh has everything to be a great coach. Sharp and a deep thinker.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I wonder how to what extent changes to the line coaches will bring about changes to the personnel playing in the two groups - midfield and defence?

Or to put it another way. Both Macca and Tadhg were working with the defensive group in 2019. Will any of those players make the move to the midfield in 2020? One in particular?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I wonder how to what extent changes to the line coaches will bring about changes to the personnel playing in the two groups - midfield and defence?

Or to put it another way. Both Macca and Tadhg were working with the defensive group in 2019. Will any of those players make the move to the midfield in 2020? One in particular?
    Good point. Longmire would have final call I guess.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Good to see Captain Kumbayah moved on, did nothing while the mid field coach.

Recommended early last season he should be replaced.
    sprite

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post

Yes, I think most here would agree with you on that sprite. I think he's definitely of more use to the club in his new role.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post

Hewitt and Rowbottom under his wing.

We talk about promotions and demotions, and the need to address problems, but I wonder whether these changes aren't viewed more as sideways shifts to bring fresh ideas to the group and develop the coaching experience and skills of the individuals in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    We talk about promotions and demotions, and the need to address problems, but I wonder whether these changes aren't viewed more as sideways shifts to bring fresh ideas to the group and develop the coaching experience and skills of the individuals in question.
    Good post. That's the way I like to think of it. Not only for fresh ideas and to develop the coaches but also to play to their individual strengths. And I can imagine that Kirk is good at development and Cox is good at strategy and analysis. And Macca will be very fresh at knowing what it's like in the midfield these days, and Tadhg seems to be coaching very successfully since joining the club.

Regular in the Side
    Any news on what Laidler and Perris will be doing in the NEAFL?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12