Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Scratch Match Thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Presumably there's a scratch match this week. Anyone heard anything?
    There is a report on the Swans website of a screech match held yesterday! Yay!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    There is a report on the Swans website of a screech match held yesterday! Yay!

Woohoo. (Teach me to rely soley on the app!)

Soaked up every word of that. More compliments for O'Connor - sounds like are working out his position; also for Warner in a tagging role, Amartey in the ruck on return, and Elijah Taylor(!). Early days but it does sound like Warner has a reliable intensity we really need.

Swans put names up for selection

- - - Updated - - -

Woohoo. (Teach me to rely soley on the app!)

Soaked up every word of that. More compliments for O'Connor - sounds like are working out his position; also for Warner in a tagging role, Amartey in the ruck on return, and Elijah Taylor(!). Early days but it does sound like Warner has a reliable intensity we really need.

Swans put names up for selection
    *solely, ugh

Regular in the Side
    And as you would expect a much more comprehensive report on the GWS website. The McVeigh brothers were the umpires. No scores given but looks like the Swans lost. See link below.

Another Strong Hit-Out Against the Swans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    And as you would expect a much more comprehensive report on the GWS website. The McVeigh brothers were the umpires. No scores given but looks like the Swans lost. See link below.

Another Strong Hit-Out Against the Swans
    I think the Laidler quotes are at least a positive development.

I think the Laidler quotes are at least a positive development.
    It's good to get a bit of information about the reserve list. I have to admit that I was hoping to see Ling's name mentioned. Hope he doesn't become another first round selection to never make it at the top level.

On the upside, I'm stoked that Eli and Warner were mentioned along with Connor (who is impressively large when you stand next to him). Wonder what's going on with Gould and Stephens?

Veterans List
    Just looked at the coaches presser. He looked really disconsulate. Some to do with Sam, but seemed really reluctant to be there and talk about the team.

Veterans List
    We sure do need an influx of players who are hard at the contest. When you have players of the type of Lloyd, Dawson, Taylor, Ronke, Blakey, Hayward and Cunningham in the one side who are pretty much outside players then you lose big time at the contests, both one the ball is in dispute and one on one. It is so obvious when we go forward where the only forward capable of extracting the hard ball is Papley. All opposition teams take it away with ease. People will dispute this on Dawson but he is very uncomfortable as a backman when in front in a marking contest and in close. Just not strong enough in the body. I am convinced now his best value to the team is on the wing.

Cunningham became a defender because he was way too soft as a forward or anywhere else on the ground. Now it looks like they might do the same with Hayward who is very similar but doesn't get the ball anywhere near what Cunningham does.

Tell him to stay within the arcs, find space, be the go to player in space and when he gets the footy, kick the bladder out of the footy rather than doing his pussy little kicks to disadvantage. Then the forwards run forward when he has it in hand. We are simply not using him to his strengths.

If we are serious about rebuilding we have to start rotating younger players while we have a good nucleus of senior players. Weed out some of these soft roosters.

Senior Player
    Does anyone know if scratch matches are being arranged in the Qld hub?

We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    The GWS site reports a scratch match today: Young Mids Dominate Hit-Out.

15 a side, 15 min quarters, ended up being 'a really close game' according to the GWS development coach.

Photos suggest Ling(!), Foot, Thurlow, Stephens, both Taylors, Maibaum, and Wicks played.

Senior Player
    The GWS site reports a scratch match today: Young Mids Dominate Hit-Out.

15 a side, 15 min quarters, ended up being 'a really close game' according to the GWS development coach.

Photos suggest Ling(!), Foot, Thurlow, Stephens, both Taylors, Maibaum, and Wicks played.
    The Swans instagram has some shots, too. Add O'Connor (rucking) and Gould to that list.

The Swans instagram has some shots, too. Add O'Connor (rucking) and Gould to that list.
    Getting keen to see O'Connor running around. In that ruck photo, at 193cm, he seems to be jumping over the top of the 200cm Flynn.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Getting keen to see O'Connor running around. In that ruck photo, at 193cm, he seems to be jumping over the top of the 200cm Flynn.
    Yep. He's played two games of Australian rules! Maybe the dude's really special. It's kind of funny.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast