Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Richmond, Round 6.

Regular in the Side
    Hardwick is worse than Clarko when blaming others.

Just watched Barratt and Lloyd criticising Longmire for playing a spare in defence. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    The Mills free kick early in Q1....sorry but it was correct.

Mills with ball in the goal square shapes to handball to Hayward but sees he has 2 opponents near him. Mills hesitates and shapes to kick then decides not to. Then he moves towards the goal line and Riewoldt helps him over it.

Mills had 2 chances to dispose of the ball without immediate pressure but didn't do so. If he doesn't know the rules maybe his coach should explain them.

But he did get better as the game went on - credit to him for that.
    You're probably technically correct, but it's never called when the opposition player is the one that initiates the contact that forces the player over the line. It's not fair on the player when an umpire makes an exceptional interpretation of a rule. Like the HTB rule, we really don't know from week to week how the rule is going to be enforced, even though the rule itself never changes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The worst decision of the day was when Martin just dropped the ball on the ground after we got a free. Was clearly a 50 metre penalty not picked up by the officiating umpire or the one up the ground. Then the next play we got a dubious 50, probably a square up.
    The Martin one was incredible - who else but the beloved Dusty could get away with such a blatant disregard for the rules?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can't believe that people are getting into Parker. He has a down day and now he is over rated. Good chance he was tagged and given he and Kennedy are the only established mids that is hardly surprising. His career consistency has been outstanding. To say finishing second in the Brownlow was a fluke is breathtaking.
    He looked to be struggling to get across the ground - I'm convinced he's carrying an injury. He's a star and a Bloods warrior, you'd have to be a mug to diss him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Just watched Barratt and Lloyd criticising Longmire for playing a spare in defence. FFS.
    Just watched Horses's press conference where he destroys Hardwick in his usual calm and rational manner. He is a quality individual of great character. So pleased he is the coach of our club.

Veterans List
    Heeney gone for the season according to Horse.....just confirmed at his press conference. Damn!

Kennedy out for 6 to 8 weeks. Sheese!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Just watched Horses's press conference where he destroys Hardwick in his usual calm and rational manner. He is a quality individual of great character. So pleased he is the coach of our club.
    Watching it now. Should be compulsory viewing for everyone here on RWO

Yep, summed it all up well. Interesting to hear that Hardwick called Horse post game to apologise for the comments! Hope he backtracks publicly now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Just had a listen to Hardwicke's post-match presser.

AT best disingenuous. Irrespective of how many F50 entries they had they kicked 10 behinds - and that was with a functional (and experienced) forward line. The Swans defence didn't make Richmond kick 10 behinds. He's right in that it was a terrible game but to imply the Swans were the cause of such a low score is pathetic. Just trying to shine the torch light on the Swans to avoid scrutiny of his own team. Imagine his sooking if the Swans won - and we didn't lose by much.

Yes, the Swans were terrible but Richmond were half a step above terrible and they had some help from the umpires. The conditions were very difficult for both teams.

Veterans List
    Exactly what I was thinking.....calm reality is a wonderful thing.👍

Suspended by the MRP
    Good effort from our team. I didn't expect much more than I got so I wasn't disappointed tbh.

Strange match though. The teams were really feeling each other out in the middle quarters, and neither team were willing to make a move. In dry conditions I imagine that is not the case.

Mills led from the front all day. It's a shame he is wasted in defence. We need three of him in each area of the ground.

Robbie Fox is a battler. I quite like him. Stoddart had some good moments though I am not sure he is worth persisting with beyond 2020. Stephens started well but faded badly, but there is something there.

Papley & Rowbottom are team-lifters, both try their guts out every week for this team and good things happen around them, so it was fitting they were our only goal-scorers yesterday.

Uncharacteristically quiet game from Parker. Gold Coast Suns best prepare for a fire-breathing dragon in the #26 next week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    The Mills free kick early in Q1....sorry but it was correct.

Mills with ball in the goal square shapes to handball to Hayward but sees he has 2 opponents near him. Mills hesitates and shapes to kick then decides not to. Then he moves towards the goal line and Riewoldt helps him over it.

Mills had 2 chances to dispose of the ball without immediate pressure but didn't do so. If he doesn't know the rules maybe his coach should explain them.

But he did get better as the game went on - credit to him for that.
    For "helps" read pushes. That means that Reiwalt was pushing him over the line. It's called pressure. The free was contrary to the rules on 2 counts. Absolute BS.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!