Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: the other games and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    And he was an ordinary set shot. You can't possibly line the ball up correctly if you spin the ball just before you kick.

Brisbane's kicking skills are sublime. Their accuracy when picking out a player is excellent. Good side to watch.
    Yeah I really like the Lions. Spotted some good signs in the back end of 2018 and laid a handy bet for them to win the flag last year into Jeremy Cameron to win the Coleman. Cashed out at a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Was going to be a smart alec and post anti-Clarkson stuff when the Poos and Wees were losing 31-5 in the first quarter.
    But, at half time, they're 13 points in front!
    Oh well, if they go on to win, it means that another club that the Swans have good reason to thoroughly dislike have lost!
    My two least favourite clubs. I'd back Collingwood and Bulldogs over Blues and Hawks happily.

Man I love Lachie Neale. In my eyes he is by a street the best player in the comp, and comes across as a genuinely good guy. Surely a lock for the Brownlow this year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Handy the hawks getting a win and finding some form , in terms of our likely draft pick. Man being a Carlton supporter must be so frustrating. They’ve been ‘coming’ for about 7 years now. I think the fans will still be waiting ....
    Two of the best season slogans ever, 2012 Essendon "whatever it takes" - we know where that led and circa 2010 Carlton "they know we're coming" at which point they promptly headed south on the ladder and continue to disappoint to this day :-)

Veterans List
    Article by Nick Reiwolt in the Hun today bemoans the fact that players getting into the face of other players is creeping into the game and he doesn't like it. Article goes with a pic of Papley giving it to Mitchell and smaller picture of Pittard and Murphy incident. Two entirely different incidents. Papley didn't touch Mitchell whereas Pittard comes off the contest and knocks over Murphy who was merely a bystander, but no mention of either incident. He did however bring up an ancient incident when Robbie Muir had his hair ruffled and promptly turned around and belted the player. He forgot to mention that Muir was a pure thug. Funny how others on Fox this week thought it great that a bit of personality is coming back into the game. Very shallow article. What a bland individual is Nick.

By the way, giving another player a spray when he has beaten him hands down has been a part of the game forever.

Veterans List
    Article by Nick Reiwolt in the Hun today bemoans the fact that players getting into the face of other players is creeping into the game and he doesn't like it. Article goes with a pic of Papley giving it to Mitchell and smaller picture of Pittard and Murphy incident. Two entirely different incidents. Papley didn't touch Mitchell whereas Pittard comes off the contest and knocks over Murphy who was merely a bystander, but no mention of either incident. He did however bring up an ancient incident when Robbie Muir had his hair ruffled and promptly turned around and belted the player. He forgot to mention that Muir was a pure thug. Funny how others on Fox this week thought it great that a bit of personality is coming back into the game. Very shallow article. What a bland individual is Nick.

By the way, giving another player a spray when he has beaten him hands down has been a part of the game forever.
    I wonder if Riewoldt bothered to find out the story behind the Papley incident. Papley said that at the stoppage before the goal, Mitchell said to Papley that he hadn't done much today and Papley replied Just you wait. A few seconds later Papley kicked the goal on him so of course he was going to have a go at Mitchell.

Senior Player

Last week his commentary sounded like he had backed Hawthorn. Might still be @@@@ty about 2005 Prelim.

Senior Player

I know. I just think it's bull@@@@ though. You beat the guy in a contest, so what, move on. You are probably five minutes away from losing a
    contest yourself. For some reason acting like a five year old and "rubbing it in" has become "injecting some personality into the game".

Senior Player
    I was hoping our game would be more of a contest than the rest of the round to date, not to be sadly! Mostly big wins by the dominant side so far.

I do enjoy watching Brisbane. Some questionable umpiring decisions but they played well and were entertaining.

August...must be close to having to make a call on Grand Final location now, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I was hoping our game would be more of a contest than the rest of the round to date, not to be sadly! Mostly big wins by the dominant side so far.

I do enjoy watching Brisbane. Some questionable umpiring decisions but they played well and were entertaining.

August...must be close to having to make a call on Grand Final location now, surely?
    I wouldn't think so neil re: Grand Final. Its truly one week at a time at the moment, just battling to keep the season going at the moment, with plenty of time till the grand final date yet.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

At this stage I would say an east coast GF is highly unlikely.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I know. I just think it's bull@@@@ though. You beat the guy in a contest, so what, move on. You are probably five minutes away from losing a
    contest yourself. For some reason acting like a five year old and "rubbing it in" has become "injecting some personality into the game".
    I agree, and kids see this @@@@ and behave in the same manner. There's nothing cool about being obnoxious. It's invariably a backman that has to deal with this. As if they aren't up against it enough already with opposition blocks and dubious free kicks called against them. You only need to breathe on a forward these days to be penalised.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast