View Poll Results: What do you think of the new, aurally enhanced" SCG matchday experience

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it. J Lo loved it. It was wild!

1 2.38%
  • Meh, who cares?

0 0%
  • Shut the xxxx up!

41 97.62%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Let's Get LOUD aka the match day experience thread (split thread)

Senior Player
    Got Luke Ablett on our side!

https://twitter.com/luke_ablett/stat...25080561397762

Just spent 10 minutes doing an @AFL “fan experience survey” simply so I could say please don’t play any music at any time of the game.
    No one is there for the music. No one ever left the ground having hated the game but loving the ‘entertainment’.
    Get rid of it. All of it.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Anyone wanna bet the marketing twits weren't asking each other "Luke Who?"
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I always enjoy his musings - always has interesting things to say on his feed.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goes up to 11
    Remember kids - if the music is too loud where you are tonight, find a friendly SCG customer service person and politely request they get the music turned down a bit. I know I will....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Remember kids - if the music is too loud where you are tonight, find a friendly SCG customer service person and politely request they get the music turned down a bit. I know I will....
    Hah! Can you imagine the look of confusion and total disinterest? I’m already dreading the ‘entertainment’ we’ll get tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    Hah! Can you imagine the look of confusion and total disinterest? I’m already dreading the ‘entertainment’ we’ll get tonight.
    Well, some people would have digital copies of this form letter, to show to the staff.

Thanks for your email and your feedback in relation to the sound levels in your seating area on Saturday.
    The levels of these speakers are set prior to the crowd arriving and are tested thoroughly. If you notice that they are too loud, please alert the closest Customer Service representative in your seating area and we can then adjust the sound levels in real time from the Stadium Control Room.
    We’re playing music after goals to add to the celebration of members and fans in the venue. We’ve worked to select songs which suit each player individually so we can add to the atmosphere – our aim is to turn the SCG into our home fortress and give our players an extra edge when in front of the home crowd.
    We’ll continue to collect feedback through the next few weeks and if we can get the speaker volumes to be more spectator friendly, we hope the music can add to the experience for the majority.

Cheer cheer,

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Well, some people would have digital copies of this form letter, to show to the staff.

Thanks for your email and your feedback in relation to the sound levels in your seating area on Saturday.
    The levels of these speakers are set prior to the crowd arriving and are tested thoroughly. If you notice that they are too loud, please alert the closest Customer Service representative in your seating area and we can then adjust the sound levels in real time from the Stadium Control Room.
    We’re playing music after goals to add to the celebration of members and fans in the venue. We’ve worked to select songs which suit each player individually so we can add to the atmosphere – our aim is to turn the SCG into our home fortress and give our players an extra edge when in front of the home crowd.
    We’ll continue to collect feedback through the next few weeks and if we can get the speaker volumes to be more spectator friendly, we hope the music can add to the experience for the majority.

Cheer cheer,
    The thing is it adds to the annoying moments to the majority I think.

No music!!! Hurrah! Spoke too soon
    Last edited by Wardy; 8th April 2021 at 09:12 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

The music after goals remains annoying, it just disrupts the crowd involvement. I do think the volume of...everything... was less of an issue than last week thankfully.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    The music after goals remains annoying, it just disrupts the crowd involvement. I do think the volume of...everything... was less of an issue than last week thankfully.
    Agree with all the above. The volume wasn't so ear piercing. But whoever thinks it is a good idea has no feel for football and real crowd involvement. After one goal, the slow Sydney chant emerged from somewhere in the ground - I think the Trumper Stand area. But before it could spread and be picked up by the rest of the crowd, it was killed by thumping electronic bass. And then after Buddy's final goal the crowd was, as you'd expect raucous. But we had just 10 seconds or so to make noise before that was ripped away from us too.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Agree with all the above. The volume wasn't so ear piercing. But whoever thinks it is a good idea has no feel for football and real crowd involvement. After one goal, the slow Sydney chant emerged from somewhere in the ground - I think the Trumper Stand area. But before it could spread and be picked up by the rest of the crowd, it was killed by thumping electronic bass. And then after Buddy's final goal the crowd was, as you'd expect raucous. But we had just 10 seconds or so to make noise before that was ripped away from us too.
    I honestly believe people will still develop hearing impairments as a result of this - but the kids in marketing just don’t give a toss.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I honestly believe people will still develop hearing impairments as a result of this - but the kids in marketing just don’t give a toss.
    Yes I’ve wondered if some of the workers at the ground (or their union if they have one) might take OH&S action. They should (on behalf of all of us).

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast