Page 431 of 529 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,172 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Serious question: so why didn't they trade for him?
    Yeah. How can he get to North … or can he go in the PSD?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Yeah. How can he get to North … or can he go in the PSD?
    There are some weird rules around rookies moving clubs but I can't remember the exact details. It's why we got a fairly good trade return from Collingwood when Sam Murray moved there, despite never even playing a game for us.

Senior Player
    Sam's dad posts on Bigfooty, he said the North rumour was BS and Sam would be staying with the Swans

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Sam's dad posts on Bigfooty, he said the North rumour was BS and Sam would be staying with the Swans
    Good. I like Wicks and think he has upside. I just happened to watch the round 3 match and he tore apart the Tiger's defence.

Yes, I would hate to lose him at this stage. Its a little strange though that there is no news of a re-signing? I sincerely hope that he will be with us next season.

I just had a look on that footy gossip site and the poster does seem to be genuine as his Dad when you look through his posts over a period of time. He even said that Sam knows he engages with you the site and they had a laugh at the North Melbourne rumours. He went on to say that
    Sam is very deeply ingrained at the swans so his contract is not a burning issue for the swans.

Link is below

Player Watch - #45 Sam Wicks - Welcome to Sydney | Page 6 | BigFooty

If Sam Wicks buried a few more goals in 2021 we probably would have lauded his 2nd season in AFL.

That was my only knock was that he missed about 8 goals on the run round the corner I thought he should have nailed

That would have had him at 25 goals approx and a much better percentage.

My gut feeling watching all aspects of his game is that Sam has plenty more upside in the forwards and as Sheather starts to put on the pressure for a small / medium forward we may see Wicks with a little extra tagging time in the midst also

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There are some weird rules around rookies moving clubs but I can't remember the exact details. It's why we got a fairly good trade return from Collingwood when Sam Murray moved there, despite never even playing a game for us.
    If you trade in a rookie they must go onto the main list, you can't trade in a rookie and put them on your own rookie list. Think that may be the curly rookie rule you're thinking of Liz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Talking to a Port mate of mine (yes it is possible to be friends with one) and he mentioned that Rockliff on MMM Adelaide had said Ladhams spat the dummy after being delivered a few home truths about his off field behaviour in his end of season review. Was not willing to take it on board so was told he could look elsewhere.
    Seems like Port aren’t great at providing timely feedback along the way - leave it to the end-of-year debrief to raise concerns.

Chris Davies had some harsh words publicly re: Powell-Pepper and his fitness etc, which also came up during the end-of-year ‘exit interview’.

Seems like Port had a bit of a fit after the Prelim and suddenly thought a lot of things they tolerated were actually not acceptable and probably had a go at most players individually.

So I wouldn’t read a lot into it other than moving clubs will be a good prompt for Ladhams to lift his game and prove himself (which he has already said publicly is his focus).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    The Norf "rumour" has its origins in a single post by a Hawthorn supporter on the Wicks BF thread. Absolutely a troll

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Seems like Port aren’t great at providing timely feedback along the way - leave it to the end-of-year debrief to raise concerns.

Chris Davies had some harsh words publicly re: Powell-Pepper and his fitness etc, which also came up during the end-of-year ‘exit interview’.

Seems like Port had a bit of a fit after the Prelim and suddenly thought a lot of things they tolerated were actually not acceptable and probably had a go at most players individually.

So I wouldn’t read a lot into it other than moving clubs will be a good prompt for Ladhams to lift his game and prove himself (which he has already said publicly is his focus).
    Funny that Ladhams chose to come to us and it was KB who provided him with the very honest and harsh feedback prior to his draft.

Seem to remember that it was also KB who gave Hayward some harsh fitness feedback prior to his draft :-)

Hope that Ladhams can do what Nankervis did for the tigers. (Eg come into the side, make an impact and we have a few grand finals under our belt)

Welcome big fellow! (Seems a mix of Mummy and Nankervis to me... hopefully!)