Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Rd 14 vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide

Senior Player
    Yes, Ladhams didn't cost us the Port game. That was unfortunately a team effort. Anyways, onwards and upwards, let's get everything
    back on track against St Kilda at the spiritual home of footy on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Russuito is a knob. If the occational 1 match suspension is the price for a very good 2nd ruckman, I'm willing to pay. He's already won more games than he's cost us.
    Before I rebut, can I just make a point about this discussion about comments in this forum.
    I enjoy the fact that we don't always agree and can discuss the pros and cons of our team from our own perspectives. In many cases it can give us time to pause to consider the role of a particular player (in my case the most outstanding example was Nick Malcevski, whom I considered a receiver with few redeeming qualities, thankfully I was proved wrong in the 2012 GF).
    Disagreements are healthy and opinions are just that with empirical evidence very light on the ground.
    That said: It is my opinion that Peter Ladhams has yet to win us any games this year. He has made modest contributions and played his role in some matches but that is his job.
    He lost it on Saturday, he could not compete with a novice from the WAFL, was unable to outpoint a part-timer over whom he had physical superiority, he was baited by a young fringe player and he displayed a thuggish demeanor on a Brownlow Medalist. These last points directly responsible for two goals.
    He alone did not cost us the win, a lot of non-performers helped but his contribution to the low morale was evident.

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    That said: It is my opinion that Peter Ladhams has yet to win us any games this year. He has made modest contributions and played his role in some matches but that is his job.
    He lost it on Saturday, he could not compete with a novice from the WAFL, was unable to outpoint a part-timer over whom he had physical superiority, he was baited by a young fringe player and he displayed a thuggish demeanor on a Brownlow Medalist. These last points directly responsible for two goals.
    He alone did not cost us the win, a lot of non-performers helped but his contribution to the low morale was evident.
    The only risk is that Port know Ladhams weaknesses (play, not temper) and have now shown the rest of the competition how to negate him.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Russuito is a knob. If the occational 1 match suspension is the price for a very good 2nd ruckman, I'm willing to pay. He's already won more games than he's cost us.
    He loves to bash with verbal diarrhoea anyone that dare leave the wonders of the Adelaide Footy Fishpond, so it is no surprise he took the chance to have a go at Ladhams.

I have no issue with a bit of aggro - just needs to be focused when it is most needed. We need some mongrel in the team - just not manifesting itself quite like it did on the weekend. He will learn form it hopefully, but still happy to have him given a kick up the butt about it and a couple of weeks in the Magoos to go with it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I think Ladhams is far from peaking as a player. He’s 40 games in. He probably won’t be at his best until at least 2024. He is doing fine overall but obviously was pretty ordinary on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I think Ladhams is far from peaking as a player. He’s 40 games in. He probably won’t be at his best until at least 2024. He is doing fine overall but obviously was pretty ordinary on the weekend.
    That's an understatement! He was shocking.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    That's an understatement! He was shocking.
    I dont think hes much but felt bad for him . You dont like to see anyone struggling and getting in their own head . its a competition but footy is supposed to still be fun.

Regular in the Side
    In an interview on SEN, Butters told what they know about how to get under Peter's skin.

"Zak Butters said his teammates knew how to unsettle the new Swan.“It was more death by 1000 cuts for 'Pisty' (Ladhams),”
    ....I think we sort of got the reaction we wanted in the end, and for us, it sort of played a pivotal role in the game...".

Regular in the Side
    I think we saw why I advocated earlier on this forum more than once that if were to get a ruckman from Port that I would prefer to get Sam Hayes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I think we saw why I advocated earlier on this forum more than once that if were to get a ruckman from Port that I would prefer to get Sam Hayes.
    Who Port weren't prepared to trade.....

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Who Port weren't prepared to trade.....
    And who they just dropped
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I have no issue with a bit of aggro - just needs to be focused when it is most needed. We need some mongrel in the team - just not manifesting itself quite like it did on the weekend. He will learn form it hopefully, but still happy to have him given a kick up the butt about it and a couple of weeks in the Magoos to go with it.
    There are many shades of “aggro” ranging from the verbal aside to the Barry Hall v Staker type.
    The type of physical aggression I most admire was epitomised by Paul Kelly who asked for and gave no quarter. The courage to attack a contest regardless of the danger is seen every week by the McCartins. The physicality that committing to marking duel requires as we saw last year from Armartey. I do not respect or condone pretenders that cannot deliver the aggression required to compete in ruck duels or marking contests but demonstrate their reckless and mindless temper at the cost of their team and supporters.