Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I'm not clear on whether Armetey comes out of contract at year's end? If so, we are in grave danger of him asking for a trade elsewhere then. We may end up watching him forge a good career elsewhere much like Membery who left for more opportunity. For this reason, we need to make every effort to give him more senior opportunities. Dropping Buddy might be a bridge too far though! More likely Reid to go if his good recent form drops off.
    I think Amartey is out of contract at the end of 2023. Agree with more opportunities. The same opportunity needs to be given to others when our current list are not performing. Competition for spots ... We'll see if that's a real thing after last weekend's performances (both in the seniors and VFL squads).

Veteran Site Admin
    I seem to recall that Amartey (and McLean) re-signed for two more seasons last year (ie this year and next).

I think the form of Reid is something of a challenge. He was only re-signed late last year for a single season, and the way he was used early in the season suggests he was on the list as a back-up option. But once he was selected in the senior team from necessity, he started playing some pretty decent football and he’s hard to drop at the moment.

It would be great to see Amartey string a few games together at senior level but Reid currently offers a less risky option in the sense the coaches know what they’ll get from him each week.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I seem to recall that Amartey (and McLean) re-signed for two more seasons last year (ie this year and next).

I think the form of Reid is something of a challenge. He was only re-signed late last year for a single season, and the way he was used early in the season suggests he was on the list as a back-up option. But once he was selected in the senior team from necessity, he started playing some pretty decent football and he’s hard to drop at the moment.

It would be great to see Amartey string a few games together at senior level but Reid currently offers a less risky option in the sense the coaches know what they’ll get from him each week.
    I feel reassured that those two have 2-year contracts, Liz! Reid's recent good form is most welcome - I thought he was one of our few good contributors against Port. However, it is definitely creating a selection dilemma as Armetey and McLean wait in the wings for opportunities.

I see that Gus Sheldrick is a big chance to be back from his knee problem this week. It will be great to watch him come through in the Reserves this second half of the season.

Coaches votes for the win over Williamstown.

7 Ryan Clarke (Syd)
    6 Joel Amartey (Syd)
    6 Hugo Hall-Kahan (Syd)
    5 Tom Hickey (Syd)
    3 Corey Preston (Wil)
    2 Robbie Fox (Syd)
    1 Will Gould (Syd)

Seems about right.

Senior Player
    I see that Gus Sheldrick is a big chance to be back from his knee problem this week. It will be great to watch him come through in the Reserves this second half of the season.
    He's photo 8 on this instagram reel. Great to see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfGMMbzN...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    He's photo 8 on this instagram reel. Great to see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfGMMbzN...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=
    There's an alternative gallery on the Swans' site. Many of the same pictures (though the Swans' site has cropped Logan's head off) but a couple more and in a different order.

Gallery: Swans prepare for St Kilda

I wonder if McInerney's attire (ie obviously spectating, rather than training) is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Coaches votes for the win over Williamstown.

7 Ryan Clarke (Syd)
    6 Joel Amartey (Syd)
    6 Hugo Hall-Kahan (Syd)
    5 Tom Hickey (Syd)
    3 Corey Preston (Wil)
    2 Robbie Fox (Syd)
    1 Will Gould (Syd)

Seems about right.
    Ronle had a good game as well, but all the Swans who got votes were good, so hard to get everyone in there.

There's an alternative gallery on the Swans' site. Many of the same pictures (though the Swans' site has cropped Logan's head off) but a couple more and in a different order.

I wonder if McInerney's attire (ie obviously spectating, rather than training) is significant.
    I would not be surprised if JMac doesn’t get up for the Saints. He got pulverised by their ruckman who broke his collarbone in the process

I think this is a very astute observation regarding McInerney. I can see him missing.

Once Sheldrick returns I wouldn't rule out his return to the seniors and consign him to the ressies for the rest of the season. He could join the mix contending to play that defensive small forward role along with Wicks, Bell & Ronke (albeit not straight away). I wonder who is going to play that role this week in the seniors?! (wrong thread, I realise).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    This side was named before Stephens and Fox were brought in, so Laidler might give himself a reprieve as an emergency.

Sydney Swans VFL - Round 14 team
    2. Hayden McLean
    3. Dylan Stephens
    15. Sam Wicks
    17. Will Gould
    18. Callum Sinclair
    25. Ben Ronke
    28. Lewis Taylor
    29. Angus Sheldrick
    32. James Bell
    34. Matthew Roberts
    35. Barry O'Connor