Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 vs St Kilda @ SCG

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The commentator did explicitly say "Sydney Swans".
    Absolutely, which strangely enough still makes it ambiguous. Does this mean it was just for the length of time the club was called the Sydney Swans, in which case 1982 is out even though they were playing in Sydney, or the entire history of the club now known as the Sydney Swans?

By that measure the previous reference to the lowest 3/4 time total by the Saints also comes under some scrutiny as the reference then was to the ‘Swans,’ but that particular score was in 1920 when they weren’t even known by that moniker.

‘ If I was a Saints' supporter, I would have been bitterly disappointed with that performance’

Similarly, the Swans had everything to play for against Port. Who knows what pressure levels and mindset a team runs onto each game with.

Would only take a few players to have a poor nights sleep ( especially away from home) to run on with below par energy and sustained gut running.

Veterans List
    I'll watch the game again later but a few quick thoughts

Backline was great, The Iron McCartin, Lloyd was excellent, Fox is such a solid player who must stay in IMO, Ollie signs for two years and immediately turns in a great game, Blakey is just Blakey and getting better all the time.

Special shout out to Clarke who has worked his arse off at VFL level, gets a chance and blankets Sinclair who is having a blinder of a season, multiple 30+, lowest possies before last night was 23, Clarke kept him to 17 and he had little effect.

Match Committee need to think carefully before changing last nights team, McInerney if he is FULLY fit for Campbell is the only change I would consider. Harry needs to come back through the VFL, is not displacing any of last nights backline.

Are we now hopefully past the merry go round of continuously rotating and trying limited talent players like Bell, Wicks and Ronke? Let's hope so.

Looking forward to the replay when you can relax and concentrate of individual plays better rather than the emotion of game day

On the veteran's list
    Please everyone, stop suggesting dropping McDonald for Amartey. Logan is on his way to being a super star, Joel is a depth player who does well at the lesser level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Please everyone, stop suggesting dropping McDonald for Amartey. Logan is on his way to being a super star, Joel is a depth player who does well at the lesser level.
    I agree, Logan is kicking 5 goals in the 2s no prob.

Logan is competing and getting to contests, as good as Amartey was when he played League he only had 3 touches and no goals.

Reid is keeping Amartey out, playing out of his skin.

JMac is top 22 no question, he may just need a week in the 2s to let someone get dropped.

I said before id take Fox over Harry any day.

Stephens definately deserves a few games, Clarke deserves another week.

Campbell is best mid of his draft, like Walsh was. Walsh at 21 just had 40 touches, need to leave Campbell in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Agreed. I'm a fan of both. Reid is the one keeping Amartey out of the top grade. Logan is still doing some amazing things for a 2nd-year KPF. His ground work and follow-up efforts after a contest are really impressive. On another night, he would've kicked 2-3 goals.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    You’d only leave McDonald out now if you thought he needed a week’s rest, and if that happens, fair enough given his age and development profile. But he’s now at the stage where he’s learning a lot more player seniors than getting some cheapies in the 2s.

As for Amartey, he’s chasing Reid’s spot, or being next in line for an injury or some other opening.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I agree, Logan is kicking 5 goals in the 2s no prob.

Logan is competing and getting to contests, as good as Amartey was when he played League he only had 3 touches and no goals.

Reid is keeping Amartey out, playing out of his skin.

JMac is top 22 no question, he may just need a week in the 2s to let someone get dropped.

I said before id take Fox over Harry any day.

Stephens definately deserves a few games, Clarke deserves another week.

Campbell is best mid of his draft, like Walsh was. Walsh at 21 just had 40 touches, need to leave Campbell in.
    McInerney is straight in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    McInerney is straight in.
    He may need another week, as we want him back fully fit. This team was the right selection which was good to see after a few doubtful inclusions in past weeks.Harry needs to come back via the ressies. Amartey will come in when Sammy needs to be rested and Clarke is more useful than Bell or Wicks. With our defence playing well, it’s hard to see when Gould will get his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Who cares

They pay us so we can function as a club . How else do you think we get the money to put on things like the pride game ?

And im sure you would never fly on Qatar or emirates for your next flights to europe ?
    I care and I said so to the club in the recent member survey they sent out.

Senior Player
    My takeouts from last night:

- What a game from Hickey He’s not our best player but he is out most important, our midfield functions so much better with his centre clearances and possessions around the ground. Like Sam as back up, don’t think Ladhams will be back in the seniors soon

- it’s an indictment on Longmire and co that Fox isn’t nailed on best 22. He’s fast, good overhead, provides great rebound and can play on talls or small. Our defence functions so much better with him there. Hopefully they’ve worked that out finally

- when Blakey and Ollie are firing the team plays well. It’s hard to believe floret was so poor last week

- Stephen’s was encouraging and did some nice things but him or Campbell go out when mcierney comes back

- I was just thinking to myself where is Will Hayward in the 2nd quarter when he suddenly had a quick flurry of possessions. I can see what he brings to the team but he needs to find a way to bring more. I do t know if it’s a run in the vfl or off half back or we just keep the faith but he’s not quite where he should be

- how good were papleys centre breaks, need him in there pinch hitting a little more often

- great to see Clarke go well after earning it at vfl level. Probably won’t hold his spot but offers so much more than James “I run away from the ball to make space” Bell

Of course you feel the need to denigrate Bell again ...can't you just ignore negative comments on him when he's not even in the side.
    You're constantly getting stuck into him and I personally find your inclusion of him in this discussion distasteful

- - - Updated - - -

That was meant for caj23

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast