Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Rd 16 vs Essendon Bombers @ MCG - Pre-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I'm disappointed they dropped Clarke after playing one of his best games for the Swans. Did he not play the role the coaches asked?

Anyway, the result shouldn't hinge on one change, unless that change is Hickey or Mills.
    I reckon the game doesn’t demand a tagger and he is out.
    Now is the time to check who is the best to do the Wicks role in forward half. They will try and give that role to Campbell and Stephens this week and see what happens. We need players who are two way in that role with good inside 50 kicks when they get the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Now is the time to check who is the best to do the Wicks role in forward half. They will try and give that role to Campbell and Stephens this week and see what happens. We need players who are two way in that role with good inside 50 kicks when they get the ball.
    Both Campbell and Stephens satisfy this criteria. Let’s hope either or both can succeed in this role.

Yes. I have been wondering the same thing and will watch with interest (just as I did last week until I identified that it was Clarke).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    ... We need players who are two way in that role with good inside 50 kicks when they get the ball.
    I would say he filled that role with a couple of goals and no impact from the player he was on. Then again, there was no impact from any Saints player in that game
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Or confrontational?
    Maybe....if you're looking for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Jmac back in , sorry for some on here
    Not for me (if he's actually fit to play)....but I am unhappy that Clarke has been sent back to the two's after a pretty good game against the Saints.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 1st July 2022 at 05:43 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    TEAMS: Veteran Hawk dumped, Port wields axe, Bomber blow

Essendon have lost Perkins for the match, with Ben Hobbs coming in to replace him. Perkins looks like the best of the Bombers' younger crew - or at least, the best performed so far in his career - so that's a bit of a blow for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Love JMac, but he hasn’t exactly earned walk-up-start status just yet.

I don’t have a problem with the selection, but also think those who reckon some time in the 2s have a reasonable point.

Mind you, I was dropping Ollie a few weeks back, so what would I know.
    Good to see some humility from a poster! Too many on here think they are always right, even when they're later proven to be wrong. We all get it wrong sometimes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    TEAMS: Veteran Hawk dumped, Port wields axe, Bomber blow

Essendon have lost Perkins for the match, with Ben Hobbs coming in to replace him. Perkins looks like the best of the Bombers' younger crew - or at least, the best performed so far in his career - so that's a bit of a blow for them.
    Perkins is a very good player, does some very impressive things. One of those draftees that told interstate clubs he didn't want to leave Melbourne.
    Last edited by 707; 1st July 2022 at 06:50 PM.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Perkins is a very good player, does some very impressive things. One of those draftees that told interstate clubs he didn't want to leave Melbourne.
    And I therefore wish him a career ending injury, or all the success eventually enjoyed by James Cook (remember him? the first trumped up little ponce to say he wouldn't go interstate - hugely rated junior but turned out to be a complete flop at Carlton and then again at the Dogs - deservedly disappeared into being an historical footnote).

If you want to make a career in a national competition with a national draft, going interstate is one of the possibilities (in fact the odds are pretty high - about 45%). Suck it up and be grateful for the starting salary that's several multiples of what someone of the same age could normally expect, with the possibility of being set for life by your late twenties (unless you are a complete idiot .....) . All careers involve various sacrifices. It's a sign of either massive ego (prove yourself special first before you act as if you are) or a huge Oedipus Complex* to say you won't go interstate.

* Yes, I'm talking to you Anthoneeee
    Last edited by Velour&Ruffles; 1st July 2022 at 07:44 PM.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Maybe....if you're looking for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not for me (if he's actually fit to play)....but I am unhappy that Clarke has been sent back to the two's after a pretty good game against the Saints.
    Yes i dont rate clarke but he didnt deserve it

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    And I therefore wish him a career ending injury
    Wow that’s pretty harsh no matter what your feelings about what some 18 year old kid feels about his potential work place it’s just a game of football we are talking about.
    Wishing physical pain and potential life long health issues on them is a reaction that seems just a touch over the top

Senior Player
    I suspect V & R doesn't really mean it. It is just a blurt on the interweb after all. Perkins is another from the "I want my cake
    (the salary that comes from it being a national comp) and to eat it too (I'm not playing for an interstate club)" school.
    Anyway he's not playing.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast