Page 84 of 198 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 997 to 1,008 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Veterans List
    If GWS and Gold Coast aren't simply going to end up being nurseries for the southern clubs, then COLA needs to be reintroduced for them at least. Without it, they are forced to pay overs to keep their players and constantly turn over potential stars to stay within the cap. The Crows going after Rankine so aggressively should be their reverse "Buddy" moment where COLA gets reinstated.

This is why I'm hoping Clarko ends up at GWS - he's got the clout to do something about this.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I know I shouldn't watch Footy Classified when McGuire is hosting but unfortunately I did. There was discussion about GWS wanting to have COLA reinstated due to the higher cost of living in Sydney. The response by McGuire shows he still has no idea how COLA worked. He said it shouldn't be used to top up contracts to recruit players. It's the same old inaccurate spiel.
    I think you do the Toorak Trillionaire an injustice. I think he knows exactly how COLA worked. I think he simply chooses to misrepresent it because it suits him to do so.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    If GWS and Gold Coast aren't simply going to end up being nurseries for the southern clubs, then COLA needs to be reintroduced for them at least. Without it, they are forced to pay overs to keep their players and constantly turn over potential stars to stay within the cap. The Crows going after Rankine so aggressively should be their reverse "Buddy" moment where COLA gets reinstated.

This is why I'm hoping Clarko ends up at GWS - he's got the clout to do something about this.
    Perhaps the Crows would like to throw the big bucks at Tyson Stengle instead?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I think you do the Toorak Trillionaire an injustice. I think he knows exactly how COLA worked. I think he simply chooses to misrepresent it because it suits him to do so.
    +1 Yes, as I said earlier, alternative 'facts'.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Perhaps the Crows would like to throw the big bucks at Tyson Stengle instead?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    He certainly has some experience with trying to make it in Sydney, not being able to cut it and having to run back home with his tail between his legs.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    He certainly has some experience with trying to make it in Sydney, not being able to cut it and having to run back home with his tail between his legs.
    Yes, he had a pretty rough time here when he was the CEO of the Nine Network, and the papers really went after him calling him
    the "P plate CEO" amongst other things. It's one thing being in front of a camera talking rubbish all day, and another thing entirely
    trying to run a major TV network. He didn't last in Sydney very long at all. Way out of his league.

Veteran Site Admin
    When McGuire first came to Sydney, he actually spoke out in favour of COLA, commenting that he had finally realised how much more expensive it was to live in Sydney. His memory quickly faded once he was sent packing.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    When McGuire first came to Sydney, he actually spoke out in favour of COLA, commenting that he had finally realised how much more expensive it was to live in Sydney. His memory quickly faded once he was sent packing.
    His memory started fading when we won the premiership and then he had full amnesia when we recruited Buddy/Tippett.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, he had a pretty rough time here when he was the CEO of the Nine Network, and the papers really went after him calling him
    the "P plate CEO" amongst other things. It's one thing being in front of a camera talking rubbish all day, and another thing entirely
    trying to run a major TV network. He didn't last in Sydney very long at all. Way out of his league.
    Not that Sydney TV is the 'big league' compared with Melbourne TV.....but you probably mean as CEO of a TV network.

Call Twomey this morning on SEN reporting that Melican and Gould are potential trade targets at season's end. Both players keen for more senior opportunities elsewhere. Cunningham closing in on a new deal which is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Call Twomey this morning on SEN reporting that Melican and Gould are potential trade targets at season's end. Both players keen for more senior opportunities elsewhere. Cunningham closing in on a new deal which is good news.
    AFL site was running with something similar, but didn't mention Gould. I'd prefer to keep Gould, but wouldn't be adverse to Melican finding more opportunities elsewhere. I'd happily accept a pick upgrade, and hopefully turn that into a more promising key position prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    AFL site was running with something similar, but didn't mention Gould. I'd prefer to keep Gould, but wouldn't be adverse to Melican finding more opportunities elsewhere. I'd happily accept a pick upgrade, and hopefully turn that into a more promising key position prospect.
    Personally, I dont think we can afford to lose both of those defenders from a depth perspective. If one of the McCartins goes down, who plays in their spot? Also, Rampes is getting on.