Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Prelim Final: Swans vs Collingwood 4.45pm Sat 17 September SCG

I guess these are the people the club is aiming to attract with loud music and fireworks and so forth. We are certainly not their target audience.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I guess these are the people the club is aiming to attract with loud music and fireworks and so forth. We are certainly not their target audience.
    Negative backlash on Twitter over the loud music after goals at the MCG on Friday night has been huge.....let's hope the league listens. People are not happy about this noisy and intrusive Americanisation of the AFL 'game experience'. Even an American AFL fan complained, saying the AFL game and it's crowd response is game experience enough and the manufactured hype of loud music is NOT needed and indeed not wanted.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Negative backlash on Twitter over the loud music after goals at the MCG on Friday night has been huge.....let's hope the league listens. People are not happy about this noisy and intrusive Americanisation of the AFL 'game experience'. Even an American AFL fan complained, saying the AFL game and it's crowd response is game experience enough and the manufactured hype of loud music is NOT needed and indeed not wanted.
    I was at the game on Friday night and the volume of the music was ridiculously loud, especially before the game and during the breaks. I said to my brother that I now know what everyone at the Sydney games was complaining about!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was at the game on Friday night and the volume of the music was ridiculously loud, especially before the game and during the breaks. I said to my brother that I now know what everyone at the Sydney games was complaining about!
    I confess I barely noticed it. Normally it irks me as much as the next person but I guess I must have been too tense. I did take notice of that splendid lime green performance of the National Anthem and the Diamond Anthem.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I did take notice of that splendid lime green performance of the National Anthem and the Diamond Anthem.
    I didn't recognise the name, but he had style! I'm not usually a "Sweet Caroline" fan, but he almost won me over...

I confess I barely noticed it. Normally it irks me as much as the next person but I guess I must have been too tense. I did take notice of that splendid lime green performance of the National Anthem and the Diamond Anthem.
    That suit was something else!!!

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I think there was so much noise after every goal on Saturday that the usual crap music was drowned out. Thankfully. Still to find one single person who thinks it’s a good idea.

Watching the last quarter again just now. Jeez we made some blunders. A few great moments of desperation as well, but they never should’ve got that close. Phew!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That suit was something else!!!

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    I thought Dr Geoffrey had been reincarnated!

Gil on SEN this morning said no music after goals for the GF.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I did notice that Pies fans were able to get a bigger run on with their chanting and team support on Saturday because they didnt have to compete with the speakers and "match day experience"

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Alleluia.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk