Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final - Saturday 24 September, 2:30 PM at MCG

I've changed my tune on Reid as it is looking and sounding a lot more likely that he's actually going to play which I thought was no chance!

I agree with Ludwig that it appears he'll most likely just play Logan's current role as a forward with McLean coming in to play Reid's FWD/Back up ruck role.

Let's be honest, it's a real risk as Horse and Co. will be crucified by the media and some supporters if he breaks down early and it costs us a flag! Although to be fair, if he gets through the game, even a 90% fit Reid the way he's been playing this year offers a lot more than what young Logan's been producing...

Fingers crossed it all works out and he's a 2 time Premiership player by 5pm tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodbrother View Post
    Haven't posted for a longtime but have been on RWO for years now .My take , we have the cats for legspeed,marking ability and kicking .Last week was the perfect build up , like a horse before the Melbourne Cup .I believe our contested possession pressure will overawe them .Only thing i wish to see is fair umpiring both ways and us to kick straight when the chances come .Agree with the above comments about Logan being unfortunate but totally understand why they have done it, swans by 32 points.
    Shame you don’t come here more often you have nailed it 😀👍

Senior Player
    Hayden has an enormous tank and will run all day it is one of his attributes that I have always rated he won’t beat you to the contest but he he will be in the contest and his strength will mean you don’t win the contest.
    He covers a massive amount of ground which is overlooked by casual supporters. He can clunk them and kick them. He is accurate and extremely calm when lining up for a shot.
    This is in my opinion one of the the smartest selection changes undertaken for many a year.

https://twitter.com/sleeplessmiles/s...c3o5LSbL_J320Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Absolute idiots.. what Collingwood are forgetting is that Paley in the second qtr (3.30 minutes to go) should have had a free kick at the 15 metres out where Noble took out Paps in a marking contest - the pass was from Warner (he attempted a spoil but didn't touch the ball). As always there are decisions that go for and against and generally they even themselves out

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd76 View Post
    Absolute idiots.. what Collingwood are forgetting is that Paley in the second qtr (3.30 minutes to go) should have had a free kick at the 15 metres out where Noble took out Paps in a marking contest - the pass was from Warner (he attempted a spoil but didn't touch the ball). As always there are decisions that go for and against and generally they even themselves out
    Wasn't paid because it would have been a certain goal, ump got nervous, but it was a free sure and certain

Quote Originally Posted by Syd76 View Post
    Yes that was a shocker from the umps.

Logan could be carrying an injury, we don't know. If not being medi-sub will still get him a medal and maybe game time.

I think the medi-sub being available means you can take a risk with an injury in the grand final.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Maybe that is the selectors’ plan. Do you think he can do both (second ruck and nullifying forward) or is it a singular role?
    If Reid gets up, the McLean won't need to ruck. But his good endurance running and reach advantage should help against Stewart.
    It will also mean we are playing two defensive tags. Something a coach as defensive as Horse would be perfectly comfortable with doing.

Veterans List
    We are good at spoiling Geelong's party. We beat them at Geelong when they were going for 30 straight wins. The Geelong Advertiser already had their posters out crowing about 30 straight.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    No that's #22 Williamson...the one that paid the deliberate rushed behind.
    That's him....thanks.

I recall during pre-season, one of Callum Sinclair's podcasts, he interviewed Melican and asked him who the stand-out pre-season performers were;?? He said something like "McLean has been a gun, he'll have a good year".

Let us all hope so...