Page 7 of 325 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

Veterans List
    TDK will cost us significant picks in a trade and I haven't seen him take over a game, just a highlights player at this stage.

HH is free, we just need to offer him what GWS don't want to or can't pay. He'd be interested I'm sure, he's seen our strong supporter base and if he hasn't yet seen, he will have heard of the new off field facilities.

Reckon the TDK talk is just his manager trying to push up his price using us as a stalking horse same as Darcy Moore's manager did and others before them.

For the record, my post about HH and TDK does not mean I have changed my view that we won't recruit TDK and everyone who speculates about it is a chump who is wasting all our time!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    De Koning looked strong in the ruck last night, albeit against average (ruck) opposition.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List
    It's a shame the Darcy Moore talk wasn't real. He's a gun and would go very nicely in red and white.
    TDK looks more a highlights reel player at the moment, but there is real potential there. Not sure I would be paying the amounts quoted for him though, especially with the talent on our list that will want pay rises in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Spot on

Look at the list coming out of contract 2024 McDonald ,Gulden, Blakey , Rowbottom , Florent,Hayward and Paddy Mccartin to name a few . Most would be looking at and wanting a pay rise . The first 3 on the list will receive Hail Mary offers I’m sure .
    Then . We have the Chad coming out in 2025 at the rate of trajectory there we will be look at 1M a year to tie him down long term .
    Pretty much the core there of a potential future premiership side .
    To pay overs on the potential of some one like De konning is ludicrous when potentially would cause us to loose at least two of our core ……….. no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That list of out of contract players for next season shows we need to be very cautious in chasing players from other clubs wanting big $. The priority is surely to re-sign our guns like we did last year?

Regular in the Side
    who is tdk?

Tom De Koning - Carlton ruckman.

HH at the right price makes so much sense for our 2024 forward line

In our team he could kick 50

We need to replace that internally and externally to give us the greatest probability of staying in our window and competing with some seriously good top 4 teams in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    HH at the right price makes so much sense for our 2024 forward line

In our team he could kick 50

We need to replace that internally and externally to give us the greatest probability of staying in our window and competing with some seriously good top 4 teams in 2023 and beyond
    He would be an excellent get.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He would be an excellent get.
    HH is the player we need- versatile, good mark, accurate kick and mobile. We need a couple of experienced players as Sammy may be gone and we still have a weakness in the ruck. Of course, it depends on the price, but he should be affordable.

Btw, is Gould likely to get a game soon?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    HH is the player we need- versatile, good mark, accurate kick and mobile. We need a couple of experienced players as Sammy may be gone and we still have a weakness in the ruck. Of course, it depends on the price, but he should be affordable.
    No objection to HH, been a favourite Giant of mine for years - but not as a relieving ruck.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    No objection to HH, been a favourite Giant of mine for years - but not as a relieving ruck.
    Agreed R&R. The ruck would still be an issue. I don’t think McLean can fill it, as he simply isn’t tall enough to match opposing rucks, or mobile enough to justify- though he’s ok up forward as a squad player.

McLachlan is nowhere near ready so we defo have a weakness there which needs to be addressed. So who else will be available?

Page 7 of 325 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast