Page 56 of 147 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Tadhg Kennelly is not the only Swans premiership hero to be a coaching casualty of Covid-19.

Marty Mattner is gone from the Crows with no other job lined up.

'I don't have anything to go to': Ex-Crows coach on exit

And Nick Malceski remains stood down from the Suns.

Experience, youth, inside mids, runners: How the Suns split training groups
    Surely Mattner won't be out of work for long. The guy has by all reports the hallmark of being a senior coach. But times are tough for everyone - including those still at the relative youth end of their coaching experience.

Still smile so much thinking about that chase down in the 2012 final late in the last quarter. If you ever wanted to epitomise 'the bloods' spirit, that moment was it. Damn that was a good day!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Still smile so much thinking about that (Mattner) chase down in the 2012 final late in the last quarter. If you ever wanted to epitomise 'the bloods' spirit, that moment was it. Damn that was a good day!

Senior Player
    Tony Armstrong, just 15 games with us, recruited by ABC Sport.

ABC Sport recruits Tony Armstrong

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be a good thing if the stood-down coaches in the developing states were kept on?
    As noted by Liz?? or someone some time ago it's hard to get AFL staff in Qld and NSW - letting them go seems very counter productive.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Darcy Cameron named for his Collingwood debut, and 2nd AFL game. Hope it's a lot better than his 1st!

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1270152437144252416

Senior Player
    This past player is gradually appearing larger than life in Surry Hills today....

Huge Adam Goodes Mural Painted In Surry Hills Honours AFL Great
    Last edited by KTigers; 11th June 2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    This past player is gradually appearing larger than life in Surry Hills today....

Huge Adam Goodes Mural Painted In Surry Hills Honours AFL Great
    Great spot for it at the top of the hill on the way to the SCG

Veterans List
    That's a great mural. I hope it is respected and not defaced. I hate that I'm even thinking that could happen.

At the swans Melbourne office there is an amazing portrait of Goodes at the end of the corridor.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    That's a great mural. I hope it is respected and not defaced. I hate that I'm even thinking that could happen.

At the swans Melbourne office there is an amazing portrait of Goodes at the end of the corridor.
    It's Surry Hills, it'll be fine.

Great looking mural - can't wait to see the finished product! I'm not so confident it won't be defaced - doesn't have to be done by a local.

Interesting that Nankervis has been "omitted" for tonight's match and for Ivan Soldo no less. If this is a sign of Nank's decline and his career is on the skids (not saying that it is - I am not up to speed with what's happening for him and at Richmond), he's done very well to snag two flags before he was done!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Great looking mural - can't wait to see the finished product! I'm not so confident it won't be defaced - doesn't have to be done by a local.

Interesting that Nankervis has been "omitted" for tonight's match and for Ivan Soldo no less. If this is a sign of Nank's decline and his career is on the skids (not saying that it is - I am not up to speed with what's happening for him and at Richmond), he's done very well to snag two flags before he was done!
    Soldo has overtaken Nank, who got a huge amount more opportunity at the Tigers than he was ever going to get at the Swans. How’s Darcy going in his Pies debut tonight?

Darcy Cameron did ok, but I don't think he's made it yet.