Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL (non-Swans) off-season moves - 2022 edition

Senior Player

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Another guilty until proven innocent candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Another guilty until proven innocent candidate?
    Caught red handed!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Caught red handed!
    You're 100% certain? Must be an oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    In soccer, when you finish last you get relegated to a lower league and potentially years of oblivion. In the AFL, you receive draft assistance and priority picks! No competition in the world is more sympathetic to mediocrity!
    If you look at the EPL and most soccer comps around the world they are dominated by the same 3 or 4 clubs every year. All the other teams are just making up the numbers. So give me the AFL’s equalisation approach over soccer every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Sun’s huge contract revealed as Cats the favourite to secure salary dump trade

There's surely got to be something wrong with the AFL's equalisation model if the club that just monstered its way to the premiership can now afford to take a VFL player, large salary and high draft pick from a club that has never qualified for the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

There's surely got to be something wrong with the AFL's equalisation model if the club that just monstered its way to the premiership can now afford to take a VFL player, large salary and high draft pick from a club that has never qualified for the finals.
    Wtf is going on down at Kardinia Park if they’ve got a spare $500k intheir salary cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Wtf is going on down at Kardinia Park if they’ve got a spare $500k intheir salary cap?
    Exactly and it never gets mentioned in the media . But the talk of property deals , kick backs from cafes . The latest a poster on Twitter has stated that Cameron receives free cows and Hawkins gets farm equipment. The rumours have been around for years and I have know idea if true or not . But where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would add that the media barely seem to question the claims of spare salary cap space at teams like Geelong. Of course those Cats' players are all happily earning hundreds of thousands less than they're true value in a professional sport. No question. The media also believe in the tooth fairy.

I was particularly riled by this, not only because it's Geelong, but by the fact that GC had to pay more to keep a player like Jack Bowes, than Geelong has to pay Partrick Dangerfield.

Equalisation is clearly not working.

Veterans List

Being reported he's owed $1.6 mill over the next two seasons! We know GC has done some stupid things over the journey but how are you writing contracts for that amount for a Cairns academy product?

The footy world knows there's side deals involving property for Geelong players and that's why they attract so many players on lesser cap $ than other clubs.

The problem for the AFL is that this distorts the equalisation measures they hope will even the competition. I just don't get why GC are throwing pick 7 in with Bowes, clubs with lots of cap space would take the player and the salary for a pick less than that gem! It's either media BS or GC are truly idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I was particularly riled by this, not only because it's Geelong, but by the fact that GC had to pay more to keep a player like Jack Bowes, than Geelong has to pay Partrick Dangerfield.

Equalisation is clearly not working.
    I guess no one needs cows on the Gold Coast?

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast