Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 19 Hawthorn V Sydney. MCG. 19.50 pm.

Senior Player

Match Day Thread Rnd 19 Hawthorn V Sydney. MCG. 19.50 pm.

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Still makes me so incredibly angry. I hated football that year and most of the people that were involved in it, it was only because of the decency of our club and that magical day at the SCG against Adelaide that I didn't walk away altogether. I still cannot believe that our landlords let the hatred and bile of Alan Jones, an SCG Trustee FFS, towards Adam go totally unchecked, and guess who the Chairman of the SCG was doing the defending, yep Shephed who is the Chairman of the GWS Giants, Creep!

It was a stain on our nation and it saw me lose friendships I never wish to regain
    (Alan) Jones is a huge stain on our nation as well
    Last edited by Meg; 3rd August 2017 at 08:48 AM.

On the veteran's list
    Jones and his cohorts at his radio station are pathetic excuses for humans. As a Victorian I can't believe anyone listens to them. Why isn't their station broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    According to a 2016 report from the World Economic Forum that looked at the future of jobs across nine different industries in 15 of the world�s largest economies, employers will soon be placing more emphasis on cognitive abilities like creativity and adaptability.

This is completely relevant to my philosophy of what I expect from our coaching staff and what a bloods club should demand........and what we saw as evidence by the Hawks on the weekend - tactically first class
    Great perspective on your part. On the evidence, Clarkson is a master. I cannot fathom how he and his team on and off the field continually outwit the Swans. What does it take to improve game thinking? I don't suggest Longmire is not up for it. However, I do think he should look at his staff quality and assess how it could be improved. Something has to change.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Great perspective on your part. On the evidence, Clarkson is a master. I cannot fathom how he and his team on and off the field continually outwit the Swans. What does it take to improve game thinking? I don't suggest Longmire is not up for it. However, I do think he should look at his staff quality and assess how it could be improved. Something has to change.

Lost one game in 8 weeks with two late outs and injuries during game. Apparently we now need psychological analysis of coaching staff and PD session. Shaping up as material for an episode of Utopia!

Coaches have been very effective over long period of time. I am sure they are aware of where we need to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Still makes me so incredibly angry. I hated football that year and most of the people that were involved in it, it was only because of the decency of our club and that magical day at the SCG against Adelaide that I didn't walk away altogether. I still cannot believe that our landlords let the hatred and bile of Alan Jones, an SCG Trustee FFS, towards Adam go totally unchecked, and guess who the Chairman of the SCG was doing the defending, yep Shephed who is the Chairman of the GWS Giants, Creep!

It was a stain on our nation and it saw me lose friendships I never wish to regain
    I dunno, maybe you're being a bit harsh on poor Alan. I mean, personally, I still think that the Swans should construct an Alan Jones Stand at the SCG, in order to appropriately recognize his contribution to our great game and to Australian society in general.

public-toilets-with-audience-seats.jpg

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I dunno, maybe you're being a bit harsh on poor Alan. I mean, personally, I still think that the Swans should construct an Alan Jones Stand at the SCG, in order to appropriately recognize his contribution to our great game and to Australian society in general.

LOL - this part of his CV is never mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

A great pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A great pic!
    I know. I just wish I knew its origin. Google Images was no help, as the Go To Website function, just took me to a page that was using it for a write a caption competition. But really, I would love some more info, as I'm not sure if I've ever seen a photo, that is just so wrong on so many levels!?
    Last edited by dejavoodoo44; 3rd August 2017 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    LOL - this part of his CV is never mentioned.
    Indeed. And when you think of the bigotry of much of his audience how has he managed this silence?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Indeed. And when you think of the bigotry of much of his audience how has he managed this silence?

One of the great mysteries. A lot of people in Sydney seem to be frightened of his influence. He can be particularly vicious if he gets a bee in his bonnet.

I wish we could achieve 572 posts on here when we win a game !!
    The discrepancy is worse than the Dogs free kick differential in the finals.
    If we beat the Cats, it will struggle to get 220.
    Please explain ?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I wish we could achieve 572 posts on here when we win a game !!
    The discrepancy is worse than the Dogs free kick differential in the finals.
    If we beat the Cats, it will struggle to get 220.
    Please explain ?
    Probably because after a loss people want to vent and vent and vent and try to understand how the hell it happened, especially against the Hawks.

After a win people are satisfied ????.

I do get your point.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk