Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Offical Swans cant play in the Rain]

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Try telling the "so called" experts that. They all insist the Swans are winners in the wet, its suits them. How do I get a job like that not knowing about a teams performance in the wet.
    Just goes to show how much they (Dunstall, etc) know about the game. That was back 3-4 years ago when we were the kings of stoppages.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    It don't rain as much in September
    I think that may be the consensus amongst our coaches too. I get the feeling that they are more concerned about us being in form come September than winning home and away matches in the wet.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I think that may be the consensus amongst our coaches too. I get the feeling that they are more concerned about us being in form come September than winning home and away matches in the wet.
    And I'm ok with that.
    It's a long 22 rounds and a very pointy end to the season.
    2 grace finals then out out out.

I suppose H&A losses aren't as demoralising as they used to be.
    Ladder position is all that matters, and no point worrying about that until found 12 when movement is still achievable.

but then I don't follow the Swans around the country watching them play. I'd be kinda depressed if I fly up to see them lose to the dogs.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Has been this way for a long, long time.

I blame Sydney's immaculate weather compared to that of our southern counter parts.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I am starting to get worried about the Melbourne game especially if it is going to rain. Roosey likes to play a defense orientated style with plenty of stoppages and bodies around the ball. This will not suit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Has been this way for a long, long time.

I blame Sydney's immaculate weather compared to that of our southern counter parts.
    Was the VFL for a long, long, time as well.
    Had 12 teams for a long, long time.
    15m penalty was around for a long long time.
    Things change, and evolve...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I've said it before and started threads before so why does no one at Swnas HQ listen to me?? we are THE WORST team in the comp in the wet by a MILE.

As soon as I heard it was wet I changed my tip....as it happens the wet was the reason we lost....or to put another way - would have beena solid/comfortable win in the dry.

Clearest example ever was rnd 1 2014 v GWS - complete inabilty to pick up the ball whereas they had no trouble. we led comfortably all day and then half way through Q3 they won 6 or 7 contested possessions in a row and in EVERY one of them we had a chance to grab the pill and failed. we were about 14 points ahead and I had a sudden realisation - turned to the wife and said "Oh my God we're going to lose!" she said "don't be stupid - you're such a drama queen."

I WAS RIGHT. I believe that we have won 2 of the last 12 games in the wet - and one of those we trailed by 41 points in the 3rd Q so that was (morally) a loss. we managed to lose to Carlton and Essendon at their worst....so long as it was wet...and Richmond
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Warming the Bench
    Does anyone have any reasons why the bulk of modern day players shun the long sleeve jumper in the wet?

Not so long ago, half the team would come out with the long sleeves in the wet. I can't remember the last Swan that wore one.

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Does anyone have any reasons why the bulk of modern day players shun the long sleeve jumper in the wet?

Not so long ago, half the team would come out with the long sleeves in the wet. I can't remember the last Swan that wore one.
    That's a teaser, here are a few I can remember.....Mark Bayes ...Robby Ahmat.....One of my favourites - Wade Chapman, Simon Arnott (I think)
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Brad Seymour wore the sleeves a bit too.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Nick Malceski wore long sleeves a lot in earlier years with the Swans.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    That's a teaser, here are a few I can remember.....Mark Bayes ...Robby Ahmat.....One of my favourites - Wade Chapman, Simon Arnott (I think)
    Luke Vogels?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast