Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Sydney v Hawthorn

Blog Entries

Round 8, Sydney v Hawthorn

As the Game is at ANZ Stadium @ 7:50PM

Thought I'd let you all know that Michael Bubble is playing in the area as well.
    MICHAEL BUBL?
    Dainty Group is thrilled to announce that MICHAEL BUBL? is touring Australia. The Canadian superstar will be at Allphones Arena in May 2014.

Fri 9, Sat 10, Fri 16 & Sat 17 May 2014 7:30pm
    Allphones Arena Events | What?s On | Concert and Event Dates

So if you can, get there early or take public transport!!!

Maybe the Hawks bus can get stuck in traffic.

Cant help thinking our top 4 chances rest on the result of this game

im divided on that one Barry

Hawks are the benchmark so if this game enables certain players to be ready for the Bombers and Geelong then i will take a strong effort friday night

if we loose by a minimal amount but the team is nearing full strength then i can cop it

I say that because LRT at Full Forward is not going to win it for us against the Hawks in the form they are in !

BUT i would dearly love to see Buddy kick 6 against the Hawks and we win !!!

could you imagine the newspapers.......the Swans are pumped for this one no doubt...........McGylnn looking for his best game ever !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    ......if we loose by a minimal amount but the team is nearing full strength then i can cop it ........
    Aunty I think we are getting closer to our best paper team forward line - but we are nowhere nearing full strength. Too many carrying injuries and without match fitness ATM.

Blog Entries
    Sitting in a Doctors surgery this morning watching the morning news, and Buddy trained well last night and seems to be a certain starter along with Tippett.

No other injury concerns were mentioned.

No Mitchell and no Lake are a bonus, but still going to have to at our Freo best or better to beat them.

Veterans List
    A pivotal three games coming up against Hawks, Injectors and Geelong. Must win two of them to keep top 4 hopes alive.

The games against Hawks and Geelong are the classic 8 point games, these you must win to stop them getting too far ahead and consolidating their top four spots at our expense. That's why the losses to GWS (should have been gimme as it has been for other sides) and Collingwood (top four rival) are hurting us now and probably even more in the run the September.

Selection for both us and the Hawks will be interesting.

Yeah ,I would agree...If we can win at least 2 of the next 3 we are still well in contention for the top 4.

As usual, injuries over the coming months, or lack there of, will have the biggest say in our, and others, top 4 chances.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    It's been raining this afternoon in Sydney...quite heavily (but not for an extended period).

Looks like maximum of 5 mm today and no rain tomorrow. Lets hope

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    25 Hawks flew to Sydney today.

Stratton, Cheney, Langford, Simpkin, Ceglar and Wanganeen plus 19 from last week.

No Mitchell, Lake and I'm guessing Litherland.

So likely:

IN: Stratton Langford Cheney
    OUT: Mitchell Lake Litherland

Weather's fine close to the stadium (<4km), hasn't rained here all day.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Suspended by the MRP
    I think it's telling for the Hawks that Mitchell and Sewell are not in the side. Those two guys always play well against the Swans.

With guns like Lewis, Hodge, Smith, Rioli and Roughead going through that midfield they are still highly formidable, but don't run as deep.

We have to win the midfield battle!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast