Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 2 weekend discussion thread

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I see the Bulldogs further cemented the truth of actually being fraudulent premiers.......
    Bit early to judge yet, Stevo, but I'm with you 100%! Hoping like hell they miss the finals again and that asterisk next to their name as 2016 Premiers gets even bigger.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    He is a disgrace to the game.
    Can't agree with you there....some said our Adam was a disgrace to the game. Like Adam, Selwood is an ornament to the game. He plays the game like his life depends on it and his fearlessness can't be questioned.....he would be first picked in any side. He has found a loophole in the rules and exploits it superbly. It's up to our adjudicators and on ground officials to put a stop to it but they lack the skills and gumption to do so. It's not his fault they are useless.......

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Have to say I am a little bit over the gushing of Tom Mitchell (although this has nothing to do with him leaving us) as I am also over the same thing with CYRIL.
    I agree with this. I was at the game and listening to the radio and every time Mitchell got a touch they had to mention the possession number it was. I wish they would just commentate the game. Don't know if it was the same on the television but it normally is. I can understand when it's the 30s and over but not from single digits!

Cats v Hawks was an epic ad for the game and the camaraderie after the siren and the spirit in which the game was played was a bloody good lesson to the First XI .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Cats v Hawks was an epic ad for the game and the camaraderie after the siren and the spirit in which the game was played was a bloody good lesson to the First XI .
    I think the 'bad spirits' have already been rooted out of the 'First XI'. I doubt Warner will ever play test cricket again and he will roam the 20/20 world getting even richer. Smith and Bancroft may play for Australia again but Smith will never again be captain. Langer will be our next coach and will steer us on the right course......and as Paine's 'team handshaking' show of sportsmanship at the start of this test showed, the road to redemption has already begun.

Senior Player
    Selwood is an ornament to the game.
    I couldn't disagree with you more.
    C'mon Chels!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more.
    Can't let this slide....... Besides sticking his arm up to force high contact, which no player has worked out how to counter and the AFL has done nothing to stop, what prey tell does Selwood do to make him such 'a disgrace to the game' to you.....? Is he too courageous for you maybe? Do you hate Geelong? Do you not like the look of head bandages? Are you indeed jealous??? He is not a dirty player, he is a highly skilled footballer, would be one of the first picked in any side and leads his team through sheer example...... Pretty good traits for an AFL footballer. If Selwood is a disgrace to the game, what do you call James Sicily? Passionate? It's laughable..... Care to enlighten me? You're counter arguments should make interesting reading to say the least......

I have a feeling sellwood will have difficulty remembering things and poor fine motor skills by the time he's forty.
    What a price he's paying for all those head high frees

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I have a feeling sellwood will have difficulty remembering things and poor fine motor skills by the time he's forty.
    What a price he's paying for all those head high frees
    They don't hurt him, the arm slides up the side of his head because he has expertly sent it there..... it's the head hits from his team inspiring 'devil may care' acts of courage I'd be more worried about.

Senior Player
    They don't hurt him, the arm slides up the side of his head because he has expertly sent it there..... it's the head hits from his team inspiring 'devil may care' acts of courage I'd be more worried about.

Agree he is a great player but gets away with lowering his body too many times when this is now supposed to be penalised. He has had a lot of hits - each match he looks like a boxer. Can't be good for his future. Jude Bolton took a lot of hits as well but not as many as Joel. Both crazy brave.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I've been uncomfortable with our ugliness for a number of years now, no wonder we are the most disliked team in world cricket. How refreshing was it in the last test to actual see us looking like true sportsmen, how refreshing not to hear the constant sledging in the stump mikes.

Play the game hard but play it fair, hopefully Cricket Australia grows some nuts and actually runs the game from now and never allow this type of disgrace to fester again.

Senior Player
    Can't let this slide....... Besides sticking his arm up to force high contact, which no player has worked out how to counter and the AFL has done nothing to stop, what prey tell does Selwood do to make him such 'a disgrace to the game' to you.....? Is he too courageous for you maybe? Do you hate Geelong? Do you not like the look of head bandages? Are you indeed jealous??? He is not a dirty player, he is a highly skilled footballer, would be one of the first picked in any side and leads his team through sheer example...... Pretty good traits for an AFL footballer. If Selwood is a disgrace to the game, what do you call James Sicily? Passionate? It's laughable..... Care to enlighten me? You're counter arguments should make interesting reading to say the least......
    Oh, puhlease, the old jealous line.. I hate duckers and divers. Simple. I've never once understood the love in for Selwood at all. I've seen Hannebery do more corageous things in the heat of battle, yet the Darcys, BTs, Bruces all froth on the ducker, so everyone else tows the line. I've never watched a Geelong game and finished and said, wow, Selwood made a massive difference to the game, what a great influence he is on the team and AFL in general.

I hate players who dictate to officials and look to the umpire (or ref in other sports I watch) at every contest they go for. Selwood not only expects a free, but expects a 50, too. Only have to see him pointing down the field on the weekend expecting a 50 when he took a contested mark that was fairly contended on the siren.

He is a pathetic blight to the game where the AFL have started to implement (FINALLY, they have actually started to try and stop, counter to what you say) regulations where he won't be awarded for dropping the knees. What other player has required rules to be re-interpreted due to playing outside these rules?

As I said previously, Sicily gets whacked for his playing outside the rules, but Selwood gets rewarded for it. Lets re-visit this topic after Round 6, shall we, and see how you feel? I know how I'll be feeling.

On CTE, I really do wonder how Paul Bevan is fairing now.
    C'mon Chels!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast