Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Davis Academy of Kicking

Nick Davis Academy of Kicking

Just wondering if anyone can clear up a bit of confustion going on here betweeen me and mine.

I know I saw ND at the intraclub, is he OUR kicking coach, or is he coaching Academyites? If so, which centre. Ta.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I don't think there is an official position entitled kicking coach, but if Nick wants to come down to training and give a few tips I don't see why they would refuse.

Nick Davis is an Academy Coach/Horse Strapper.

Failed business ventures include;

Nick Davis Academy of Fitness
    Nick Davis Academy of Hairstyles
    Nick Davis Academy of Modesty
    DeadlyAkkuret Academy of Humour

Successful ventures;

Nick Davis Academy of FIGJAM

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Failed business ventures include;

Nick Davis Academy of Fitness
    Nick Davis Academy of Hairstyles
    Nick Davis Academy of Modesty
    DeadlyAkkuret Academy of Humour

Successful ventures;

Hehehe! :-) Actually the guy could kick a ball and I thought a kicking coach might be his forte. Technique can be learnt and Nick had great technique.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    At least his payment would be cheap - Family Box of KFC
    sprite

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Successful ventures;

I was never a huge Davis fan, but I never got a sense of FIGJAM from him. He knew what he could do well, and probably was slow to understand how his weaknesses were going to impact his longevity, but he never came across as "in-your-face" arrogant.

As a successful venture - he remains one of the few players (certainly in recent times at the Swans) who can lay claim to have literally won a game off his own boot. Quite an important game too.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    As a successful venture - he remains one of the few players (certainly in recent times at the Swans) who can lay claim to have literally won a game off his own boot. Quite an important game too.
    But someone gave him the ball for each of those goals where you say Liz he won it off his own boot.

Can anyone remember any other games where one player dominated the game. That would have to be in the Judd or Ablett category where they win the ball then set up a goal..
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

On the Rookie List
    Nick's father Craig runs a kicking academy. He has been hired by my son's AFL club a number of times over the years. Very effective teacher. When Nick was young his dad used to tie a fishing pole to his arse and hang a chicken drumstick off it. Nick used to chase it for kilometers trying to grab it. He never figured out why he could never reach it but he had great aerobic capacity.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    But someone gave him the ball for each of those goals where you say Liz he won it off his own boot.

Can anyone remember any other games where one player dominated the game. That would have to be in the Judd or Ablett category where they win the ball then set up a goal..
    I disagree; someone has to get the ball to him, but he has to execute.

Judd and Ablett are an interesting comparison in this instance, I assume you are saying that because they are midfielders that can win the ball? Keep in mind that 3 of the 4 came from stoppages- of those 3 I think you could say 2 the stoppage would be credited to Davo, and the other 1 was very similar to Judd breaking from a pack after getting a quick handball?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet_Observer View Post
    Nick's father Craig runs a kicking academy. He has been hired by my son's AFL club a number of times over the years. Very effective teacher. When Nick was young his dad used to tie a fishing pole to his arse and hang a chicken drumstick off it. Nick used to chase it for kilometers trying to grab it. He never figured out why he could never reach it but he had great aerobic capacity.
    Would that have been the KFC original recipe drumstick or the popular 'extra crispy'?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Would that have been the KFC original recipe drumstick or the popular 'extra crispy'?
    Ah A Nick Davis thread again! Just when you thought there was no chance out it all comes again.Was it the kicker or the deliverer? (chicken/egg?) Was he seduced by KFC? Was he a misunderstood genius or just a very naughty boy ? etc etc etc.......God I wish the season would start!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast