Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Media and the Swans (merged / renamed thread)

Warming the Bench
    Sick of having the same coaches on 360.... though was looking forward to see Chris Scott after Sydney's win...then he pulled a sickie!!! How convenient.
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of the people listed, ZERO supporters of Lions, Gold Coast, Swans, GWS or Adelaide.

I assume the posters know their Melbourne based media (of whom I have not heard of many), and in turn they do not know of the interstate media.
    Gerald Healey?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Dunstall might not show favouritism towards Hawthorn but he certainly cannot hide his hatred of the swans. His commentary of our games makes it an unpleasant experience to watch.

I agree with you about Dal Santo. I have been very impressed with him and he is enjoyable to listen to. (Wasn't a fan of his as a player!).
    I don't get any vibe from Dunstall that he hates the Swans. I get the vibe that he respects the club and the team very much, and even that he doesn't mind watching us play.

Dermie I sense hates the club. He seemed to have a soft spot for us until 2012 but took that GF loss poorly. When we filched Buddy, I sensed his hatred intensified further. That said, I get the impression his feelings have mellowed somewhat in the last 12-18 months. I still don't think he likes us particularly, but he seems able to engage in some form of conversation about the Swans without sounding spiteful.

Media - Vic bias

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Dermie I sense hates the club.
    I doubt he liked the Swans even when he played for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matty10; 23rd August 2017 at 09:53 PM.

Listened a bit to all the hypocrites in Melbourne media carrying on about Geelongs game being played at the MCG because it's not their home ground n it's Richmonds but the voices fall silent year after year when the highest ranked non Victorian side has to play the grand final in Melbourne. Hypocrites!!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Listened a bit to all the hypocrites in Melbourne media carrying on about Geelongs game being played at the MCG because it's not their home ground n it's Richmonds but the voices fall silent year after year when the highest ranked non Victorian side has to play the grand final in Melbourne. Hypocrites!!!

Not remotely on their radar Boddo

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Not remotely on their radar Boddo
    .....the 'Spiritual Home of Football' blah, blah.....it's amazing how a deep seated sense of entitlement can completely blind peoples sense of integrity......

Sarah Olle from FoxSports website and Fox Footy podcast is a swans supporter and write most of the swans articles for them good read and listen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    .....the 'Spiritual Home of Football' blah, blah.....it's amazing how a deep seated sense of entitlement can completely blind peoples sense of integrity......
    This spiritual home of football myth is utter garbage. In WA footy for a very very long time Subiaco oval was the spiritual home to west Aussies, SA was footy park n tassie was north Hobart oval in the south n York park in the north. It's the spiritual home of Victorian footy. Up until the advent of a national comp most people took an interest in the vfl but it wasn't their main interest in footy, their state league sides meant a lot more to them. They only took a passing interest just like I used to watch the SANFL grand final on the abc. It's one of the myths that keep getting pushed on us like the Anzac Day clash. It's been around since the mid nineties as a game. Same as this prior opportunity rule it only came in the mid nineties. Lots of myths sprouted by Vic media n we are about to experience it in the next few weeks n it'll be the Essendon rise from the ashes, hard done by club that's led by good bloke Jab Watson when really we are playing a club that systematically drugged their players n tried to hide it with the players help with Jab getting embarrassingly stripped of his Brownlow just like Johnson of his gold medal all the while getting the first draft pick that delivered possibly the rising star winner. Vic media pfft

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    This spiritual home of football myth is utter garbage. In WA footy for a very very long time Subiaco oval was the spiritual home to west Aussies, SA was footy park n tassie was north Hobart oval in the south n York park in the north. It's the spiritual home of Victorian footy. Up until the advent of a national comp most people took an interest in the vfl but it wasn't their main interest in footy, their state league sides meant a lot more to them. They only took a passing interest just like I used to watch the SANFL grand final on the abc. It's one of the myths that keep getting pushed on us like the Anzac Day clash. It's been around since the mid nineties as a game. Same as this prior opportunity rule it only came in the mid nineties. Lots of myths sprouted by Vic media n we are about to experience it in the next few weeks n it'll be the Essendon rise from the ashes, hard done by club that's led by good bloke Jab Watson when really we are playing a club that systematically drugged their players n tried to hide it with the players help with Jab getting embarrassingly stripped of his Brownlow just like Johnson of his gold medal all the while getting the first draft pick that delivered possibly the rising star winner. Vic media pfft
    Pretty cheap mate. Of course the MCG and Victoria are the spiritual home of footy. It's where it all began, where the game was invented. That does not in any way diminish the contributions of the other states. It's just a simple historical fact.

Richmond played a beautiful round 23. They went from looking at an away final in Adelaide to a home final at the MCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Pretty cheap mate. Of course the MCG and Victoria are the spiritual home of footy. It's where it all began, where the game was invented. That does not in any way diminish the contributions of the other states. It's just a simple historical fact.
    It's not cheap it's fact. Ask any south Aussie, west Aussie or Tasmanian what they thought pre afl days n they'll tell you exactly the same. If you thought people from WA, SA n Tas worshipped the VFL back then your seriously deluded. The great vfl was a passing interest that you'd glance at the scoreboard at north Hobart oval to see how the sides over there were going. If you were born before the afl came about you'd know this. I spoke with a player who won premierships in the WAFL and SANFL n he said exactly the same. He was offered a contract from Footscray n turned it down n said "it's nothing special over there".

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast