Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Grand Final - Sunday 27th September

Almost Football Legend

RWO Game Day Thread - Grand Final - Sunday 27th September

The season's come down to one last big day of footy at Henson Park.

Sunday 27th September

Henson Park
    14.45 East Coast Eagles (Changeroom 1) v Pennant Hills Demons (Changeroom 2, Red Jumper & White Shorts) Premier Division Grand Final
    12.15 Pennant Hills Demons (Changeroom 2) v Sydney University (Changeroom 1) Division One Grand Final
    9.45 UNSW/ES Bulldogs (Changeroom 1) v North Shore Bombers (Changeroom 2) Under 19s Div One Grand Final

Good luck to anyone on this forum who is playing, officiating or volunteering on the day.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

I am in awe of Frank K who has been selected to umpire the GF again. He is a worthy selection in my books.
    As an indication of just how long he has been around, there is a picture of him at Gore Hill as a member of the 1980 U19 premiership team. And that's a long, long time ago.

Well done Frank.

Almost Football Legend
    He'll be hanging up the whistle after this year's Grand Final. A remarkable stint of longevity that covered over 500 senior games plus countless lower-grade and under-age games.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    I am in awe of Frank K who has been selected to umpire the GF again. He is a worthy selection in my books.
    As an indication of just how long he has been around, there is a picture of him at Gore Hill as a member of the 1980 U19 premiership team. And that's a long, long time ago.

Well done Frank.
    Yes, well done but an indictment on our umpiring ranks that someone close to 60, and let's face it, terribly slow, is still our best umpire.

Anyone on here remember that great whistleblower Steven Wallbank? Is he still running around?

I hope not. Bloody woeful.

Pushing for Selection
    Is that the sound of Oscar,s schpincter muscle tightening up

Rain, rain,rain falls

the more it seems like 2006.... When the Eagles capitulated to lose the Unlosable

What a shame it would b if history were to repeat

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    He'll be hanging up the whistle after this year's Grand Final. A remarkable stint of longevity that covered over 500 senior games plus countless lower-grade and under-age games.
    I just think it's a shame that some good up and coming young umpires are not given the opportunity to umpire a grand final. There comes a time in many players football careers that see the youth knocking on the door of selection and they think to themselves that although they can still mix it with the big boys they are holding back the development of the next generation of talent by holding down their position. So they opt to play ressies or thirds and give help and support where it is needed.
    Obviously this philosophy ain't alive in the Sydney umpiring fraternity.
    Alternatively there is no one at all even close to being good enough to be given a PD gf and thus they must go with the man who they know will do the job. So hats off to him and the question must be asked......where has all the development gone wrong.

Penno up by 9, 15 mins into the 4th. Cmon penno!

hahaha 35 points.

Almost Football Legend
    Didn't see that coming at three quarter time. But that's what we love about our game - it's unscripted & anything can happen.
    I'm standing in the middle of Henson Park. The ecstacy of Pennant Hills and the agony of East Coast just metres from each other.

Pushing for Selection
    Yeah baby

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I hope not. Bloody woeful.
    He is coaching the younger umpires.

I will leave others to comment on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast