Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.17 V Hawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Massive ins for the hawks and a bit of a selection headache for Clarkson:

INS: Stevic, Nicholls, Schmidt, EMG: Chamberlain
    Gee they are all good players for the Dawks. Always give their teammates a lot of support - especially in front of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    In: Heeney, Nankervis
    Out: Rose, Sinclair
    These would be my suggested changes as well.

Sinclair had his worst game of a poor season. He can compete to some extent in the ruck contests, but it's just not enough. He had only 58% game time compared to 75% for Naismith. I think we only used Naismith in ruck when he was on the ground. This shows that the coaching staff don't think Cal has much worth to offer around the ground and is only a relief ruckman. He failed on numerous occasions to even slow down an opposition player, let alone actually tackle him. He's hardly even competitive in a marking contest, let alone actually take a mark. So why is he in the side? Nankervis is far from a finished product, has plenty of weaknesses, and I'm not sure how good the finished product will be, but he's already a better option than Sinclair. I'd rather use the spot for someone who's on the improve than someone who's flat-lined.

I noticed that Reid was shown as 1 week on our injury list. If he's okay to play, I would bring him right in for Sinclair and use him as the relief ruckman. Or spring another surprise and use Aliir as relief ruckman, dropping either Ted or Reid into defense. We are talking about what we do for around one quarter of the game. We can't have our main focus revolve around who's rucking for around 7 or 8 centre bounces. The main issue for me is to get another legitimate marking option forward and around the ground.

Suspended by the MRP
    Sinclairs outup is now mirroring Jettas when he was here and at the eagles, so the trade is now back to being void.

We cant be carrying sinclair at this stage but then is a combo nan and nai nai enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    These would be my suggested changes as well.

Sinclair had his worst game of a poor season. He can compete to some extent in the ruck contests, but it's just not enough. He had only 58% game time compared to 75% for Naismith. I think we only used Naismith in ruck when he was on the ground. This shows that the coaching staff don't think Cal has much worth to offer around the ground and is only a relief ruckman. He failed on numerous occasions to even slow down an opposition player, let alone actually tackle him. He's hardly even competitive in a marking contest, let alone actually take a mark. So why is he in the side? Nankervis is far from a finished product, has plenty of weaknesses, and I'm not sure how good the finished product will be, but he's already a better option than Sinclair. I'd rather use the spot for someone who's on the improve than someone who's flat-lined.

I noticed that Reid was shown as 1 week on our injury list. If he's okay to play, I would bring him right in for Sinclair and use him as the relief ruckman. Or spring another surprise and use Aliir as relief ruckman, dropping either Ted or Reid into defense. We are talking about what we do for around one quarter of the game. We can't have our main focus revolve around who's rucking for around 7 or 8 centre bounces. The main issue for me is to get another legitimate marking option forward and around the ground.
    Agree with all of that except for the Reid part.
    He needs to come back through the seconds for at least 2 to 3 games.
    Why not play Nankervis for Sinclair?

I see Sinclair as a spectator at the moment. Doesn't look like he has any drive or passion.
    I've been critical of McVeigh's skills and speed, but never his drive and passion.
    If that really if the case for Callum, then there are some big problems.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Suspended by the MRP
    Sinclair is a liability atm, like jetta was last year

Nankervis was really poor against the Dogs IMO so I can't see him getting a recall. I'm with barry, why make any changes? Heeney may need a run in the ressies to see how his knee is. Naismith being a genuine ruckman will hopefully allow Sinclair to go back to spending more time forward, where he was going pretty well early in the season.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Tippet and sinclair are our best ruck combination, so i don't think wed play without either pre finals.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Tippet and sinclair are our best ruck combination, so i don't think wed play without either pre finals.
    Was that a slip of the pen/finger barry? Or do you really mean Sinclair and not Naismith? At present I'd put Nankervis and even Derickx in front of Sinclair.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Nankervis was really poor against the Dogs IMO so I can't see him getting a recall. I'm with barry, why make any changes? Heeney may need a run in the ressies to see how his knee is. Naismith being a genuine ruckman will hopefully allow Sinclair to go back to spending more time forward, where he was going pretty well early in the season.
    I didn't think Nankervis was good in the Bulldogs game, but still better than Sinclair. At least he's more competitive at ground level. Sinclair has taken 2 marks and kicked 1 goal in the past 3 games. He kicked 3 goals in the Carlton game and 6 in total for the other 13 games he's played, most of those as a relief ruckman behind Tippett. Doesn't seem to be much of a forward threat to me.

I can guarantee that if any 2 of Tippett, Naismith and Reid are in our side by finals time, Sinclair won't be. Sinclair is an adequate 3rd option ruckman atm. He's only played 43 senior games, so there should still be room for improvement. But I worry about his inability to take a mark under any pressure whatsoever. I'm not sure he can improve on this. Unless the play is directly where he happens to be at the moment, he doesn't offer much defensively either. In Sinclair's defense, I think he is a better option than either Derickx or Galloway.

Who do you think our 2nd ruck/forward behind tippet is ?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Was that a slip of the pen/finger barry? Or do you really mean Sinclair and not Naismith? At present I'd put Nankervis and even Derickx in front of Sinclair.
    Thats silly talk. Sinclairs body of work in the first half of the season is miles ahead of anything derrickx, nainsmith or nankervis have done so far.

He's a bit down now but that's because hes probably suited to dry weather.... like finals.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Who do you think our 2nd ruck/forward behind tippet is ?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Barry, if you're asking me, it's Naismith.

Derickx is admittedly a bit of hyperbole!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast