Page 348 of 521 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 4,165 to 4,176 of 6242

Thread: 2019 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

If we keep pick 5, and the Giants think we will be the first to bid on Green, we could do a pick swap and pick up another 200-300 points from the Giants without losing our spot for 'draftable' players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If we keep pick 5, and the Giants think we will be the first to bid on Green, we could do a pick swap and pick up another 200-300 points from the Giants without losing our spot for 'draftable' players.
    i like the thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We would still lose one spot. For example, if we wanted Serong at pick 5 but traded down to pick 6, GWS could take him at pick 5 before matching a Green bid at pick 6.

Given that we are now reaching the 11th hour of Trade Time it would seem that the Swans won't be offering up any players to Dodo as it now seems too late for player visits and medical checks. It will be trade picks or nothing. I'm very happy with how they've handled the impossible demands of Dodo. We may/may not get Daniher this year or next but at least we did not bend over and take it from them. We can't mortgage our future like this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    We would still lose one spot. For example, if we wanted Serong at pick 5 but traded down to pick 6, GWS could take him at pick 5 before matching a Green bid at pick 6.
    Yes, your're right. My mistake. Only works if Melbourne or Adelaide bid on Green. But still could be worth it, depending on how we rate that part of the draft, such as, if we are happy with any of Serong, Flanders, Young and Kemp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Given that we are now reaching the 11th hour of Trade Time it would seem that the Swans won't be offering up any players to Dodo as it now seems too late for player visits and medical checks. It will be trade picks or nothing. I'm very happy with how they've handled the impossible demands of Dodo. We may/may not get Daniher this year or next but at least we did not bend over and take it from them. We can't mortgage our future like this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    The only player that should have been on the table imho for Daniher was Papley. But we haven't attempted to play hard ball with him by saying 'we will get you to a Melbourne club' so I can't see that starting now. I will be disappointed if we give up two first round picks for him, but relived if we don't give up any quality players as well. That would really be mortgaging our future at a point where we can't really afford to.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    We should be embarrassed that we don't cave to Essendon's astonishingly stupid demands?

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    We should be embarrassed that we don't cave to Essendon's astonishingly stupid demands?
    I know, right?

Were West Coast embarrassed because they couldn't land Kelly last year? No. Were any of a range of other clubs similarly embarrassed for failing to complete a trade? No. Would Carlton be embarrassed if they don't get Papley? No - nor would you see the Herald-Sun suggesting that.

Let's not forget, this is the Herald-Sun here. It is not a bastion of quality, unbiased journalism.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Mark Robinson should be embarrassed being Mark Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Or the AFL changes the trade rules so every time Essendon says "no" to a trade, all the Essendon traders have to drink a shot.
    Or inject some experimental peptides.

I'm heartened to hear pick 5 is not on the table for Daniher.....As it shouldn't.

Now I hope we tell Carlton they're dreaming.

If Papley's problem is personal, and not club related, we should get around him and make it work...He's a fine player, he's 23, he's contracted, he's required...No deal.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Very happy to hear this maybe we have just been playing the long game all along
    'Essendon don't think Sydney seem serious about getting Daniher in'