Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Observations from Blacktown - my story......

great to hear that Rampe is on target as he provides us with alot of flexibility right across the park
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Terrific write up Primms and Billy. Couldn't add anything except to say Primms, I particularly enjoyed your critique last night of my beard. "Crappy" means hot right?
    I did not say crappy. I was very careful not to say anything at all..
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Great write up Primmy, thanks.

This type of report is really appreciated by us interstaters who would love to be there for these games - next week eh?
    Make sure you give Benny an extra big cheer will you. I would imagine it would be a bit of a challenge to head to Crowland again.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Thoroughly enjoyed the write up. Hopefully someone will give us another next week from Adelaide? Maybe Kurt can provide us with an insider's point of view. I mean, with all his prior experience and all???
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Great reports Primmy and Billy! Much appreciated.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Observations from Blacktown - my story......

Very disappointed at quite how low the attendance was; is there an official figure?

We were at Manuka on Friday for the GWS v Essendon game, and they announced an attendance figure of 8,044; respectable for the start of a long weekend when many would be heading out of town. After driving to Sydney yesterday, we caught the train out, and didn't spot anyone obviously heading for the match; in the end there were eight of us on the shuttle bus from Doonside to the ground off that train.

I suspect there would have been more if this game had been further west; Wagga or Narrandera, for example.
    Conrad

Yes, thanks for the excellent work Prim & BRC. We looked like a premiership team, or some semblance of one.

This being RWO I must have a grumble and it's about our fadeouts. I know it's preseason but our indifferent last quarters against the Saints and the Suns are too much like that disappearing act we perfected last year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Just watched the replay. We definetly looked much sharper then our previous games. Credit to the training from the boys and the coaches work to get us up to speed after a limited pre season. McVeigh looks in such good nick. I rate him so highly, he doesn't get the credit he deserves outside of our own. Whitey and Everitt have certainly stepped it up. I don't know why Whitey cops it like he does. He doesn't do much wrong IMO, but as soon as one person forms an opinion others follow.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Great write up Primmy. I was at the first round of NAB matches against GWS and Carlton and we definitely looked like a team that was well behind the others in our preparation, but from what I saw of the stream last night we at least bore some resemblance to last year's premiers.

Was it only Towers, Lloyd and Lambie missing from the game against the Suns from the original list of players for the game ?

Sydney Swans Round 3 NAB Cup Squad

2 SHAW Rhyce
    3 McVEIGH Jarrad
    4 HANNEBERY Daniel
    5 O'KEEFE Ryan
    9 MALCESKI Nick
    11 LAMB Jed
    12 KENNEDY Josh
    13 EVERITT Andrejs
    14 BIRD Craig
    15 JACK Kieren
    18 WHITE Jesse
    19 ARMSTRONG Tony
    20 REID Sam
    21 McGLYNN Ben
    22 TOWERS Dean
    24 BOLTON Jude
    25 RICHARDS Ted
    26 PARKER Luke
    30 ROBERTS-THOMSON Lewis
    32 JETTA Lewis
    34 JOHNSON Alex
    37 GOODES Adam
    38 PYKE Mike
    39 GRUNDY Heath
    41 MUMFORD Shane
    43 RAMPE Dane
    44 LLOYD Jake
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Thank you Aardvark for the replay. The stream was pretty lousy and I missed the whole of the last quarter and most of the second on Saturday night. Very good to see the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Thank you Aardvark for the replay. The stream was pretty lousy and I missed the whole of the last quarter and most of the second on Saturday night. Very good to see the whole game.
    You're welcome sir. It was good to be able to watch it without it breaking up. You'd think in this day and age we could come up with a better solution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast