Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MA Noble Stand Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post

Finally, does anyone wish to see the SCG Members Stand and Ladies Stand demolished?
    Certainly not me
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Certainly not me
    Me neither. Beats me why anyone would hate them.

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Finally, does anyone wish to see the SCG Members Stand and Ladies Stand demolished?
    No way.

Absolutely.

They should be torn down and rebuilt at Nth Sydney Oval like the others were.

If not, smash it to bits - I couldn't really care.

I pretty much despise the collared-shirt enforcing, head in the sand mentality of the SCG trust. Don't get me started on them not having Vilis pies either...

You only have to look at how good grounds like the Gabba and the MCG are after refurbishment to realise how crap the SCG is.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I pretty much despise the collared-shirt enforcing, head in the sand mentality of the SCG trust. Don't get me started on them not having Vilis pies either...
    Agreed the people who monitor the collars are total wankers. Hate the whole look up and down thing.

But this shouldn't be taken out on the poor old grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Agreed the people who monitor the collars are total wankers. Hate the whole look up and down thing.

But this shouldn't be taken out on the poor old grandstand.
    On the contrary, the grandstand is a metaphor of the way the SCG trust think - out of date and out of place with everything else around it, so that's even more reason for it to go!

Maybe we should all dress up in coats and tails and ride in horse drawn carriages to the SCG because that's the era they're trying to hold on to.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

You only have to look at how good grounds like the Gabba and the MCG are after refurbishment to realise how crap the SCG is.
    The old SCG stands are on a par with the pavilion at Lord's. They won't be going anywhere. There was nothing at the pre-renovated MCG or particularly the Gabba worth saving.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    The old SCG stands are on a par with the pavilion at Lord's.
    I would say that Lords looks far more modern and balanced than the SCG overall though. Lords is also certainly more iconic than the SGC.

On the Rookie List
    Just got an email from the SCG Trust to fill out a question sheet. Might be a good chance to have your say. Didnt seem to be a chance to 'go back' to re answer anywhere, and word of warning they have put food and beverages and toilets each as separate questions. Wasted alot of my time filling in previous questions boxes only to be asked more directly about such things. More boxes open up to fill in in detail if you rate the question under 5.

Rosie, who commisioned the survey, as in, did you receive it as a Swans member or SCG member?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List
    Looks like both BBB
    "Dear Swans Member
    The Sydney Cricket & Sports Ground Trust strives to provide a quality event experience for all our patrons, but we cannot do this without your help. To ensure we are providing you with the best possible experience we would be delighted if you would complete an online customer survey.
    (Please see below a link to a Sydney Cricket & Sports Ground Trust Customer Service Survey.) The survey results will be shared with both the Trust and the Sydney Swans to improve your overall experience at the match and ground.
    This preliminary research will allow the Trust and the Swans to identify key areas that may need to be addressed or enhanced in order to meet and exceed your expectations. Please note this survey is specific to the SCG and complements the previously distributed Sydney Swans member survey.
    Your feedback and support is much appreciated by the Trust and the Swans and will be used to improve and add value where possible. Please click on the link below to complete the questionnaire:"

I tried to go back in and copy the survey but I cant, of course it says I have already completed it. We usually get 3 emails as we have 3 memberships but only one this time. All the questions were specifically about the SCG overall (appearance, service, staff, seating, transport, entertainment, view of the ground for the Brisbane Lions game? Dont know why they picked that game. One of the questions asked if I would use a light rail or train from the CBD to the SCG! I am surprised this email didnt end up in my Junk Mail as the email address is Customer Direct Info @ ier address.

Regular in the Side
    Absolutely.

They should be torn down and rebuilt at Nth Sydney Oval like the others were.

If not, smash it to bits - I couldn't really care.

Don't think that tearing down the stands will diminish the role of members and the self serving SCG Trust

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast