Thread: Swans Academy raffle

Veterans List

Swans Academy raffle

Noticed on the Swans website that there is a raffle in support of the new Academy.

I think the Academy is hugely exciting and look forward to the steady flow of talent for us that it is sure to produce. After a number of years in the Academy, this is talent that will be playing for their home team and will have red and white blood. No better recruits to have.

Just did my bit by purchasing tickets and would love to see any RWO'ers who can spare a little cash to do the same.

Does anyone know if there are already youngsters on board? What about Roosy's boys and the younger Jack?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Noticed on the Swans website that there is a raffle in support of the new Academy.

I think the Academy is hugely exciting and look forward to the steady flow of talent for us that it is sure to produce. After a number of years in the Academy, this is talent that will be playing for their home team and will have red and white blood. No better recruits to have.

Just did my bit by purchasing tickets and would love to see any RWO'ers who can spare a little cash to do the same.

Does anyone know if there are already youngsters on board? What about Roosy's boys and the younger Jack?
    Good on ya 707. Every little bit helps the kiddies.

I got my tickets at the last aftermatch function.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

got mine online - simple. ish.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just to throw this in, and I'm being serious here and not just contrary....

If you are going to give money up for the Swans Academy, I implore you to consider finding out who your local junior footy team is and matching your Swans Academy contribution dollar for dollar with throwing some love to your local club. Swans Academy has already drawn corporate support and will have paid staff running the show, your local junior football club will be running on the sniff of an oily rag and be entirely run by volunteers.

Swans Academy may offer an excellent opportunity for us, but it's more than likely that any kid that is lucky enough to come through that program and get on our list will have spent twice as much time with his junior club as he has with the Swans Academy.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Just to throw this in, and I'm being serious here and not just contrary....

If you are going to give money up for the Swans Academy, I implore you to consider finding out who your local junior footy team is and matching your Swans Academy contribution dollar for dollar with throwing some love to your local club. Swans Academy has already drawn corporate support and will have paid staff running the show, your local junior football club will be running on the sniff of an oily rag and be entirely run by volunteers.

Swans Academy may offer an excellent opportunity for us, but it's more than likely that any kid that is lucky enough to come through that program and get on our list will have spent twice as much time with his junior club as he has with the Swans Academy.
    Well said. I can't imagine clubs in Sydney/NSW's get much $ by way of the gate, donations must be really important.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd be really interested in understanding a bit more about the funding for the Academy. Obviously QBE will be chipping in something as sponsor, and I imagine the AFL will be making a sizeable contribution too. It would be good to have some inkling about how "marginal funds" - ie those raised from fans in addition to money already committed - will impact the total resources available to the Academy and therefore the programmes they are able to put in place.